• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour LX

just leave him be, we all make our mistakes, especially when we first get into the car scene. we look to friends and movies to figure out how to modify our cars and im assuming that you have a lot of ricer friends. i was the same way with my first car (1992 civic vx). it was riced out, ill admit, but after i sold it i bought an integra gsr and did subtle mods that complemented the car, performance mods over body mods and this is exactly how my contour is right now.
he just started getting into car, so the least we all here on CEG could do would be to a bit nicer and end the flaming, otherwise we will just end up like the honda-tech forum where damn near everyone on there is a flaming immature prick.
kw8z3boi, i know you car looks a bit funky but it seems like you are trying to change and put your car back on the correct path.

thanks CHINASKI, yeah my car is ricey but still i didn't do much to it. All I've done so far are my sound system, tinted tail light, muffler, rims, and tires. I'm not working on the engine/performance because is not worth it since is a LX. I'm just having fun right now you know since i'm only 17.

I like the Tint and the sound system.

Needs bigger wheels tires though. Trust me the cars handling come to life with some decent rubber.

Even if you only go from a 14 inch to a 15 it still helps in every department. Case in point my stique used to have 14 inchers with ugly stock hub caps, and skinny tires like yours has. Purchased some decent looking cheap wheels and tires and wow it wasn't the same car, the handling/ looks improved dramatically.

P1010005.jpg

Cost was about 300 dollars.

Ugh.. Are those hubcaps?... Me and hubcaps no get along:blackeye: :laugh:

Hey, id rather ride on steelies with hubcaps and spend the money elsewhere than have a stock car with some fancy rims. Thing is I see WAY too many cars with nothing done to them cept have some flashy rims! BIG WHOOP!

Whats really bad is seeing someone with only 2 nice rims and two steelies! :laugh:

Hey, id rather ride on steelies with hubcaps and spend the money elsewhere than have a stock car with some fancy rims. Thing is I see WAY too many cars with nothing done to them cept have some flashy rims! BIG WHOOP!

Whats really bad is seeing someone with only 2 nice rims and two steelies! :laugh:

HAHA! I was planning to do because my rear wheel keep on rubbing so I'm still debating on it, either that or go back to steelies :confused:

Haha... That is very true.. I just said that cause lately alot of cars I see have rattling hubcaps:laugh: ... I love it its so funny. My friend had a neon and took his off cause they rattled too much.... For those who dont know, Duluth is home to the second of two Aerial Lift Bridges in the world, so when you drive over it its like a grating. You should hear cars with rattling hubcaps go over that sucker... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edit: Kw8bboi... I wasnt slammin your car at all... Just was bein dumb.:)

He said he wasn't dissing on your car. Anyway, so you have the hubcaps or those 18's on your car now?

I see you don't want to spend much on the engine. You could get a cheap Focus intake for the Zetec or build your own intake. Check out the Zetec Performance section if you haven't.

Ok so took your advice PacificTourG, I ordered an cheap intake exactly similar to NJK1. I should receive it in a week because I ebay it. So a few people told me that I will be surprise by the difference in performance. Does anyone know what's the new difference?

don't expect it to throw you in your seat. someplace between 1-3 I would assume...more sound than anything

Ok so took your advice PacificTourG, I ordered an cheap intake exactly similar to NJK1. I should receive it in a week because I ebay it. So a few people told me that I will be surprise by the difference in performance. Does anyone know what's the new difference?

a little better throttle response, sound...thats about it

you dont have to worry about water getting into the motor with an SRI (short ram intake), especially in california. when i lived up by the san fran bay area, my old integra had a CAI (cold air intake) and i never had the car get water locked.

Back