• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Geo Metro on 100 shot of NOS!

LOL!! Not sure I'd want to own the F-body to the left of the Metro, when it started shooting out hot oil.

Mark

Funny stuff. I guess those guys don't take great care of their dyno...all that coolant and oil running down in the roller....ick.

wow I wish I knew someone with a dyno so I could see what stuff I could blow up........I bet my winter beater saturn sc2 would be fun

that was great!

Im honestly surprised the owners of the dyno let them blow that thing up and dump antifreeze and stuff all over the rollers. Definetely a hazard doing that but still funny none of the less.

Btw, Harold and his buddy blew up a Neon on the street. Except, they didnt use any jets. They just hooked up the lines to the manifold and adjusted the nitrous by the turning the knob on the bottle. LOL.

who says american cars aren't reliable??

correct me if i'm wrong, but that thing was running with a hole in the side/bottom of the engine!

who says american cars aren't reliable??

correct me if i'm wrong, but that thing was running with a hole in the side/bottom of the engine!

actually, that wasnt an american car.

Geo Metro's were actually Suzuki Swifts. the 1.0L I3 was a Suzuki engine through and though, the G10 if I am not mistaken, and it actually was a great little engine, 1.0L got you 55 horses and up to 50 miles per gallon on the freeway, cheap and easy to maintain and virtually bullet proof.

Actually I believe you also could get that 1.0L I3 with a turbo charger.

Last edited:
actually, that wasnt an american car.

Geo Metro's were actually Suzuki Swifts. the 1.0L I3 was a Suzuki engine through and though, the G10 if I am not mistaken, and it actually was a great little engine, 1.0L got you 55 horses and up to 50 miles per gallon on the freeway, cheap and easy to maintain and virtually bullet proof.

Actually I believe you also could get that 1.0L I3 with a turbo charger.

Yeah well I outrun Metros left and right with my 54hp Nissan Micra. Sure the hp is a bit lower but my 1.2L I4 puts down an amazing 74ft-lbs of stump pulling torque. It kicks in at 1400rpm and keeps pulling right until the car's motorcycle-like 5400rpm redline. The acceleration damn near gives me a boner. Those Metros are heavy pigs of a car and don't stand a chance.

If the acceleration doesn't stop your heart, the braking, with 7" vented front discs and drums made of pie tins in the rear, will tear your face off while the suspension despite having almost no travel allows up to 45 degrees of body roll before the 145/80R12 tires fold over themselves and the car does this wierd squiggly side to side flop yet maintains the corner almost perfectly perhaps relying on hopes and dreams.

The Micra is the Lotus Exige of crappy late 80s micro economy cars (The Festiva is like the Bentley of the pack) All performance, no porky luxuries like power steering or working door locks... Metros, Swifts, eat your hearts out.

Yeah well I outrun Metros left and right with my 54hp Nissan Micra. Sure the hp is a bit lower but my 1.2L I4 puts down an amazing 74ft-lbs of stump pulling torque. It kicks in at 1400rpm and keeps pulling right until the car's motorcycle-like 5400rpm redline. The acceleration damn near gives me a boner. Those Metros are heavy pigs of a car and don't stand a chance.

If the acceleration doesn't stop your heart, the braking, with 7" vented front discs and drums made of pie tins in the rear, will tear your face off while the suspension despite having almost no travel allows up to 45 degrees of body roll before the 145/80R12 tires fold over themselves and the car does this wierd squiggly side to side flop yet maintains the corner almost perfectly perhaps relying on hopes and dreams.

The Micra is the Lotus Exige of crappy late 80s micro economy cars (The Festiva is like the Bentley of the pack) All performance, no porky luxuries like power steering or working door locks... Metros, Swifts, eat your hearts out.

oh I wont argue that, the Nissan Micra is an incredible car, and the torque they deceloped was incredible for the size of engine they were.

Back