• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour LX

kw8z3boi

Veteran CEG'er
Hey I have a 1999 contour LX, I was wonder if everybody else have problem with gas and acceleration. My acceleration is pretty slow and plus it doesn't have a RPM so iono how much i'm pressing, and my gas goes down pretty quick. I have to pump a full tank every week to be exact (estimate of 5-15 miles perday).

CarDomain said:
Well not much to say here because this engine was swapted beacuse the old SVT engine died so my dad swapted it to a Zetec because he had no money and didn't car.

Maybe you should swap the SVT motor back in :shrug:

:blackeye:

I see. *sigh* just only two more year till I get a new car. Hopefully there won't be any problem till then. By the way another question, how come when I Rev it, it goes pretty smooth till 1/3 way, the engine start shaking?

I'll circle the problem areas.

NO.jpg

I don't even like em on Civics, lets alone american cars.

Go with the subtle modds.

Hahaha well let me explain. The Japanese words I have no idea what it says haha cuz i got the car like that. The micky mouse thingy was only temporary cuz all of my friend had it for fun iono why?? so they told me to do it. The muffler I got that because my old one had a leak (got a hole in the resinator because of my careless driving backthen with dips so I replaced it with the megan racing muffler

Subtle mods like normal people wouldn't be able to tell exactly what you have done but they still like the result. Factory esque, is the way I go. Things like a huge muffler just say "HEY LOOK AT ME!" even to the cops.

Well I gotta admit. I did do a lot of stupid things back then. Good thing I've changed my taste and everything. Looking back is like so immature and crap. Especially the stickers cuz I used to work there and they gave me the vinyl and i actually put it on.

Yeah they asked if it ok to cut off the bumper so i said yeah... Kinda sucks... at first it wasn't sagging at now and now it sag ... kinda sucks when i'm on dips, speed bump, and lil hill... i have to slow down or else my tire will rub or muffler will scratch ...

Mileage

Mileage

Is your check engine light on? A Zetec is slow, but should not get that bad mileage.

Back