• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

Just an FYI Brad, I'm leaving to go there and get it at about 7:30 am...not sure if you still want to come along that early...but if you do, great!.

hmm.... early I see... just have to figure out if I want to drive over the night before or the day of..

Last edited:
Things are going to start happening VERY fast here over the next couple weeks, and I'll try to provide updates as often as possible.

Current updates:

-Front sub frame with solid bushings is all done and almost ready to bolt in, still need to paint the engine bay
-UR UDP cam in
-Control arm bushings should be delivered today
-Picking up engine early Thursday morning
-Picking up a trans for BLKOUT2 on Thursday, as well as manual window regulators and some seat tracks for mounting the new seats
-Ordering engine bolts/gaskets this week or next monday

So the 3L gets picked up tomorrow morning at 8 am 1 1/2 hours south of my house...

Then after unloading @ PRT, we switch back to the car and drive 1 1/2 hours north of my house to pick up a 44k mile stock trans...

From there we head back towards my house a few miles and stop at a u-pull-it to grab the manual window regulators and seat tracks for the track car...

Then it's back to the shop once again to unload all this shiz and work on Joe's car all night.

Nice way to spend the day when you don't have to work IMO.

:)

even with his powdercoat abilities? I would think he would have powdercoated anything he can get his hands on already. LOL

sigh.. I sorta miss all you folk.

even with his powdercoat abilities? I would think he would have powdercoated anything he can get his hands on already. LOL

sigh.. I sorta miss all you folk.

we should powder coat your....... FS bar subarau blue... :D oh... should of done those hella horns in blue too... although they do look bad ass in red

yep! I have never touched the motor. Just plugs, wires, and cone intake. The rear head was replaced back in 2002-03 by ford because a shop stripped out the spark plug hole :confused: :nonono:. Other than that, nothing. Josh and I have worked out some "back scratching" deals and it is his time to scratch mine good and hard :laugh:

hey -- I have a set of SVT valve covers sitting at my house... anyone want to buy a set and send them to Joe to color all pretty like?

I need stuff gone - yesterday!

Back