• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Started project free SVT today....

good articals josh, I'll have to give them a read later.

I'm assuming the articals cover issues related 'pinching' the axle when the control arm is shortened to compensate for camber.... I've already destroyed an axle on my car [which prompted me to remove those arms for the moment].

good articals josh, I'll have to give them a read later.

I'm assuming the articals cover issues related 'pinching' the axle when the control arm is shortened to compensate for camber.... I've already destroyed an axle on my car [which prompted me to remove those arms for the moment].

I will not be shortening the control arms to compensate for camber, all that adjustment will be made up top. The footprint of the car might be getting a little wider, that has yet to be determined.

eitherway my car's suspension is on hiatus for a while until I have a better camber solution, those camber plates are garbage and cause more problems than they solve....

one of the true race cougar owners promised me some documentation on refabricating our strut towers for some true camber plates [better to send a reminder email about that].. I'll forward that over when I get ahold of it.

one of the true race cougar owners promised me some documentation on refabricating our strut towers for some true camber plates [better to send a reminder email about that].. I'll forward that over when I get ahold of it.

I already know what I'm doing to the strut towers....but another's input is always appreciated. :cool:

hey josh, I got a dumb question for you... how the hell do you remove the pedal assembly [specifically that white plastic thing holding on the brake pedal]... something tells me its important and not something I should break.

are you saying that they are good articles and that Josh should read them? cause i posted them not Josh. :confused:

That just happens that way, he doesn't need anyone elses help. I joke! :laugh: Anyways, sounds like this is going to be one hell of a car. Can't wait to see some more progress :cool:

are you saying that they are good articles and that Josh should read them? cause i posted them not Josh. :confused:

hmmm, have I ever said before that I am dyslexic.

so when I said read, I meant took at the pretty pictures.... mmmmm.... shiny, I like shiny things.

Back