• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Should I?

What does the title of the car say? You know, the one you sign when you buy the car...

If it says "Skyline" then do it. If it says "G35" then leave it the way it is.

I'm not going to rebadge my Stratus as a Chrysler because that's how they sell in Europe... because the title says "Dodge"

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sure people's titles say 2.5L too. Why don't you guys stop trying to pretend you are driving a taurus or ford escape with your fancy 3 liters. :laugh:

(yeah yeah, not the same thing..I know...lighten up!)

If there is no where else on the car with G35, I'd go for the re-badging. Maybe ditch the Infiniti one and just go with Skyline and 350GT. Save your $ on the tail lights and put it somewhere else. Euro badging is different, anything to set it away from the rest of the monotony rolling around while maintaining a tasteful unique look always gets a thumbs up in my book.
My .02

thanks for the insight people..Ive ordered a few things here and there so we'll see once I gather up a photoshoot

I know everyone here is all about never to mis-badge a car. However this mod amongst us G35 owners is very common, take off the "Infiniti" lettering on the trunk and replace it with "skyline" and add the "350GT" on the side. I really really like it on others cars, my best friend has it on his coupe and he has got nothing but compliments from others regarding it. Here are some pics of what Im talking about.

here is mine at the moment, stock

heres one with the new badges

Im also thinking about lightly smoking my tail lights with these vinyls bluebatmobile.net makes.

What do you guys think? Leave it as it is or go for the "skyline 350GT" badges and tinted tailights?

isn't your car on lease? :D :D

Secondly, Rice *cough cough* Kinda like the guy who debadged a TSX calling it an Accord (wow that was stupid). It's not rice because it looks stupid because TECHNICALLY the "font" looks good. The word skyline doesn't promote bright feminine colours or animated animals. However, it's "rice" IMHO because you're trying to be something you're not, and I think that's the key reason for not doing it.

when a lot of my asian friends at work found out I got a G, the first thing they said was to ditch the rear badgings and put in skyline..i may just debadge the whole rear and just have it say 350GT on the corner..who knows

lease has nothing to do with any of the stuff im doing to the car..

it's not a similar platform...it's the SAME platform. Do you need a diagram or something??

exactly. They call that particular Skyline in japan the "V35"

Its the "G35" here

Whop de doo. The powertrain is the same, the interior is the same the suspension is the same, EVERYTHING is the same, its a marketing ploy to sell the the particular car as an infinity because it feels more like a luxery sports car here as opposed to a Chinsey Nissan. I think its not different.

But... it's *not* a Skyline. That namesake isn't available in that model on these shores.

Goonz... I'd say that it's a better idea to debadge completely than to mis-badge the car.

so what model is the 350GT in comparison to a G35? I know there are a line of Skylines but is the 350GT a top of the line model?

Put the 350GT badge on it, leave the Infiniti.

...I just think it looks nicer.

Don't eff up your tales.

If I had that car, I would not touch one thing on it. Just enjoy the crap out of having a modern sports car and a warranty that didn't expire sometime in the late 20th century.

its funny cause when i was in japan last november i saw people rebadging there skyline as infiniti... and lots of guy putting acura logo on there honda integra

IMO i thing its sound better saying "im driving a infiniti" rather than "im driving a nissan"

.... its also remember me my first car, i was having a front mitsubishi logo and seatbelt's pads "powered by mitsubishi" on my '89 dodge Colt GT200... but at that time i was 16...

Last edited:
Back