• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Should I?

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
I know everyone here is all about never to mis-badge a car. However this mod amongst us G35 owners is very common, take off the "Infiniti" lettering on the trunk and replace it with "skyline" and add the "350GT" on the side. I really really like it on others cars, my best friend has it on his coupe and he has got nothing but compliments from others regarding it. Here are some pics of what Im talking about.

here is mine at the moment, stock

1-39.jpg

heres one with the new badges

2378784_14_full.jpg

Im also thinking about lightly smoking my tail lights with these vinyls bluebatmobile.net makes.

Emblem05.jpg

What do you guys think? Leave it as it is or go for the "skyline 350GT" badges and tinted tailights?

Last edited:
the tailights looks goofy tinted like that, but the badging is alright i guess, but that is like the contour being badged mondeo, no?!

I say go for it. It's always cool when I see someone with the Skyline badging. Miakes me think that the owner may know at least a little bit about their car.

Haroon it's your car man, but from my eyes, I think you should respect the car as it is. Perhaps later down the road maybe after a set of wheels and other aftermarket stuff.. but not stock man. :0

Just my o2.

Haroon it's your car man, but from my eyes, I think you should respect the car as it is. Perhaps later down the road maybe after a set of wheels and other aftermarket stuff.. but not stock man. :0

Just my o2.

The car has some minor aftermarket stuff here and there, nothing big like rims and suspension, just want to keep the car minute and subtle as far as mods go ya know. I am however def. tinting the tails because pics really dont do much justice as seeing in person. I love LED tails :)

Whatta horrible thing to do. I'll never get why people want the overseas badging on their car; I drive a Contour, not a Mondeo. Why? My car is USDM, not European. Ditto on calling your car something it's not. Other people may compliment your friend's misbadging, but I point and laugh.

1. you are leasing the car....leave it
2. misbadging is lame...your car is a G35 not a skyline....even though they are the same car.

maybe if you had an rb26dett than you could call it a skyline

No the skyline in japan isn't just that one. It is an entire line and technically this car in Japan is called the skyline.

V35.jpg

Kinda like the toyota cavalier...
id837.jpg

roadtrip_12.sized.jpg

The third generation model was briefly sold in Japan by Toyota, under a company agreement with GM, badged as the Toyota Cavalier, with some notable differences. Besides the fact that it was right hand drive, the Toyota Cavalier also featured a leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel, wider front fenders, Japanese legal taillights (with amber turn signals, per Japanese regulations), power folding rear mirrors, side turn signal repeater lights on the front fenders, and carpeting on the inside of the trunk lid. Interior seats were often flecked with color. Rear seat was folding. The Toyota Cavalier was entirely produced by GM in the USA and delivered fair sales from 1995 to 2000.
A fair number of these vehicles are re-exported as Japanese used cars, most notably to New Zealand.

its a lease. what do you want to be the father of the skyline?

I dunno man.....

If you put skyline on there, I was thinkin'.....you kinda have to earn it. Right?

If not earned with mods. It just cant be done.

You ever bought somethin off ebay, and you got that itchy feeling to buy it, and then you DO buy it......Yeah you get it in the mail....you open the package.....then the itching and all the fun just goes away, cause you own it now. And now you kinda wished you bought somethin' else lol. j/k

I was a fool to suggest you put skyline on there. Not fully aware of knowing the repercussions. < or howev u spell that.

For sure Tint those tails! That would look sick!:drool: Also Debadge the Infiniti and it's your call on the 350GT.

Back