• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to for Header/exhaust install (SW PA)

Let me know what they say. I think you'd be able to put on all but the headers, but we'd be removing the y-pipe anyway, so it wouldn't make sense to pay them to put it on. I'd def. like to help, but don't want to make you wait too long for me. I've got a concert this Sat., so that kinda kills that day. As far as crashing, that would be no big deal. Let me know, and if they say no, I'll throw the Guiness in the fridge. Shaken, not stirred. :laugh:

Haha nice. Well what I was thinking was I can have them throw on the test pipe and cat-back and align everything. That way those can stay on. Everything stock before the test should be the same length as the WR headers, WR y, and flex that will be replacing them.

You have MSDS headers, right? If so, you don't need to modify the EGR. No compression fitting is needed.

Yep I'm the guy w/ the WR's :laugh:

mistiquevltwin,

did you get a chance to check out that meineke? If so how did it go?

yeah i did. i talked to the owner and he said just to bring it in any morning and he could do it. he seemed like a cool guy...but i forgot to ask how much it would be :troutslap:

most likely ill be taking it there either tomorrow, friday, or saturday(if they're open)

well turns out I can't have Meienek only put on the test and cat back b/c the stock Y is 2 bolt and the trubendz test is 3 bolt to work w/ the WR Y.

So looks like my options are getting just the cat back put on by Meineke or going somewhere that will do the entire swap thing headers through to catback

Or....Have Meineke do the catback and go over Scott's to do the Headers, Y, and Test lol.

The only trouble is that I can't weld the test pipe on. If your OK w/ clamping it on, we can do it. :laugh:

trubendz test pipe is a bolt on scott. :) that is what is on kristen's contour. no need to weld or clamp. must say the car sounds alot different with the svt exhaust on it. res removed of course. sorry justin not trying to highjack your thread.

Gottta see when Justin wants to do it. I'm goin to an all-day concert Sat., so that's out, want to have 2 days at least to do it all.

On a side note, Ryan is headin' out to the cruise tonight @ Wexford, I'm meeting him there after Kung Fu. What ya up to tonight? After 8 or so.

well turns out I can't have Meienek only put on the test and cat back b/c the stock Y is 2 bolt and the trubendz test is 3 bolt to work w/ the WR Y.

Sent you a PM about that issue Justin.
Needed some other info from you and then I can tell you how to make it work from there.

Mornin' Christine. Was your 2nd install easier than the first??? I'm thinkin' now that I know what to remove we can get it done in a couple days. And change your location, your not undercover anymore, we all saw your pretty car at Carlisle. :laugh: :laugh: ;)

Morning. :)

Yep, the second was easier and much faster. We had it done in a day. If we hadn't had so much to do to Steph's car that day, it would have been done in a few hours. The car got a UIM/LIM cleaning, a new WP gasket, an oil pan gasket, and the headers installed.

I gave Justin the part numbers for the studs/nuts, replacing those will make it easier on you this time around. You shouldn't have to take extra things apart so it will be easier.

Will do, I will change my location just for you. :)

i know this is prett late in the thread, but if you don't mind the drive, Dan Glicoes in VA does quality work, and since your a CEG member he charges 35/hour. He's 2 hours from my house, i live in stewartstown, PA.

He did my engine swap, headers, exhaust, ect.

o yeah, i got my car back!!! :laugh:

i might be able to make it down. i am not very happy i gotta buy a new tire for the 17. the driver front is bad! inside wear.. it is smooth!! i know this is due to neg camber but also i need the lca replaced as the bushing are shot!!! what is left of them. for said 300 to do it with the alinement. sorry miss spelled that. as i do not wanna do the driver side. i did the pass. but any how you said after 8ish. i will bring my rc truck if i can make it :)

u wanna help put it on??? i gots all the tools, i just need scotts speed shop. :) i would like to do it next weekend this weekend is kinda short notice.

Back