• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics of my 98

G

green SVT

Just wanted to get some opinions on the wheels and the car in general. I know it needs a paint job bad but I cant really find a place for under 3k. The brackets on the trunk were from the previous owner who I'm assuming thought he was in 2f2f. I plan on getting a new trunk lid before I paint the car. When I bought the car the sevens were all messed up because they were never washed, the interior was blue...yes bright blue. The motor wasnt running, which was just plugs and wires. And the front bumper was cracked in half. I bought "new" mnb interior and installed it today, I will post pics of the interior too. Next is the paint job and a splitter.

svt2vw0.jpg

svt3ye6.jpg

svt4jo8.jpg

svt5fd2.jpg

Last edited:
I love seeing SVTs restored after abuse. Nice work. Keep it up.

Too bad you aren't close. I have a SF trunk lid on my parts car.

Not sure, when I bought the car all that was left was the brackets

You've done a good job on fixin up the abuse the car's been put through! I like the wheels. 19's look huge compared to my 18's. maybe cuz they're black ? Anyways another cheap thing i'd suggest is a new svt grill and maybe some new headlamps? i say as long as the car's in primer and being straitend out leave it until you can afford the paint job and fix the other minor things first. :cool:

Black on silver!! I don't think I've really seen that done before. Car looks great. Wish you lived in CT i could've got your car sprayed for like 1000 as long as you did all the prep work. Looks good though I hate to think what it looked like with the gutter hanging off trunk, lol.

Is it just me or does the front bumper look kinda short in the 3rd pic. I think it may be the wheels and the dip before the curb probably because of the angle.

So where did your name greenSVT come from?

Thanks guys for the imput. I used to have a green 99 SVT but I traded it in when the tranny was going bye bye. So I picked this car up to just fix up or whatever. I do plan on getting all new headlamps, along with stock fogs (came with some ugly blue ones), and a few other things. Def a work in progress.

Great job!
:)

A new trunk lid, some paint and a few small details she will be... :drool:

Thanks guys..I really hope to get it painted in time for the Spring Zing. I really dont want to maaco the car, so I'm trying to either learn how to prep then get someone to spray it or just save. There is a do it yourself paint place in my town. like 60hr for their booth and guns and all that so if I could find someone to spray then I would be set

Back