• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to for Header/exhaust install (SW PA)

teamSVTour

Hard-core CEG'er
Well I will be picking up my Fel-pro manifold gaskets and new studs/nuts for my headers tomorrow. I'm looking for a quality place to do my complete exhaust swap (headers, y, test, and cat-back). I called the Meineke I got work done at before and is actually a pretty good place (the owner does exhaust work on race cars) but they say they will not do headers b/c "they always leak" :shrug:.

So plan B, anyone in the Pittsburgh area know of a good place to go?

TIA

lol w/ all the trouble he had w/ his header install and the debacle w/ my suspension swap I think I will excuse him from this task. I'm sure he will thank me later :laugh:

Well I will be picking up my Fel-pro manifold gaskets and new studs/nuts for my headers tomorrow. I'm looking for a quality place to do my complete exhaust swap (headers, y, test, and cat-back). I called the Meineke I got work done at before and is actually a pretty good place (the owner does exhaust work on race cars) but they say they will not do headers b/c "they always leak" :shrug:.

So plan B, anyone in the Pittsburgh area know of a good place to go?

TIA

wherever you go...im going too haha

im in the same boat as you with an un-installed exhaust :cry:

wherever you go...im going too haha

im in the same boat as you with an un-installed exhaust :cry:

If its everything but the headers then I would try the Meineke on 88 by Castle Shannon. They did some work on my SVT before and did a nice job. But they won't do my headers :mad:.

I need to get a place that will do the whole thing.

I called the Meineke I got work done at before and is actually a pretty good place (the owner does exhaust work on race cars) but they say they will not do headers b/c "they always leak" :shrug:.

TIA

:laugh: "They always leak." :laugh: It's a good thing they won't do the install.

Maybe you could just use Scott's garage, you do the work and he supervises?

:laugh: "They always leak." :laugh: It's a good thing they won't do the install.

Maybe you could just use Scott's garage, you do the work and he supervises?

Well it's not that I need a garage or anything. It's more like I need someone that has a lot of experience/tools to do the job well and relatively quick. This is something I would need done in one day. I don't think camping out over Scott's is in the cards lol.

I helped Scott as pretty good deal I thought w/ the suspension swap. I'm definitely not the type to sit and watch. We both rolled up our sleeves on that one. That took a whole day, doubt we could bang out the headers in one day.

cool...ill check them out tomorrow!

thanks!

no prob. I was thinking about swinging down there to show the guy what I have and all the parts for the job and see what he says. But I dunno, if he's going to be a shmoe about it and "no means no" then I don't want to waste my time.

Oh no, Justin said the "H" word. :shocked: :laugh: Justin, I'd be more than happy to help, no problems there. And it definately wouldn't take so long the 2nd time, but I don't think we could realistically get them done in one day. Maybe a weekend, but if I could do it in a day, I'd be on a pit crew somewhere. :laugh:

Seriously, if no one else will do it, and you can pencil in a few days, we can give it a shot. If you could wait till after June 18, then I'm out of school :laugh: and would have lots more time to help ya, too. Let me know either way, I don't want to see you spend more $$$ than this job is worth. :cool:

Haha the "H" word bringing back nightmares Scott :laugh:?

I got my Fel-pro gaskets today as well as my studs and nuts for the headers so I got everything for the complete exhaust swap I believe except for the MIL's and the EGR extension coupler.

Well I was thinking, maybe I could get most of the things put on by that meineke such as the cat back, test and y, since that should be fairly cheap BUT I'm wondering how much I can have them do and everything still bolt up correctly and line up. I'm not sure if all that would bolt up to the stock manifolds and be ok or not and line up correctly. I just don't want to be doing things twice you know and have to realign everything so the exhaust is centered over and over etc. That's why I wanted to get it all done in one session so everything is on and aligned perfectly but meineke is being pretty stubborn over the whole header ordeal.

I don't want to inconvenience you taking up more than a day of your time. I also wouldn't have anyway of getting home if we didn't finish lol. I wouldn't feel right crashing at your house like that. Wonder if you can drive w/ one header and one stock manifold lol j/k.

Anyway I would like to get these on as soon as I can. If I can get Meineke to put any of the above on tomorrow I would do that, but like I said I'm not sure what I can have them do.

Let me know what they say. I think you'd be able to put on all but the headers, but we'd be removing the y-pipe anyway, so it wouldn't make sense to pay them to put it on. I'd def. like to help, but don't want to make you wait too long for me. I've got a concert this Sat., so that kinda kills that day. As far as crashing, that would be no big deal. Let me know, and if they say no, I'll throw the Guiness in the fridge. Shaken, not stirred. :laugh:

I got my Fel-pro gaskets today as well as my studs and nuts for the headers so I got everything for the complete exhaust swap I believe except for the MIL's and the EGR extension coupler.

You have MSDS headers, right? If so, you don't need to modify the EGR. No compression fitting is needed.

I was thinking that he had Weapon R's. Sorry.
Three people had written to me about headers, guess I got them confused. :dizzy:

Nope. I meant what I typed. :)

While I was replying, I was thinking that he might be the one that had the Weapon R's but I wasn't sure.

Back