• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

exhaust ?'s

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
im tryin to put together a good exhaust. recently checking out magnaflow and saw a xpipe. i was wondering if i have msds headers on the car would the x pipe take the place of the ypipe and be better seeing as the exhaust will have more air flow out. i want the headers to go to a dual inlet/dual outlet magnaflow muffler and from that to the two magnaflow 14832 mufflers in the back. how can i get the headers there? also will this pass the emissions testing

heres the site for the xpipe
http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/69A2672A0A0.aspx

Last edited:
Search True Duals.

Steeda was/is selling sets that bolt up to headers. Check there first.

You're looking at a lot of custom work and money with what your thinking of.

Search True Duals.

Steeda was/is selling sets that bolt up to headers. Check there first.

You're looking at a lot of custom work and money with what your thinking of.

I second that. 15 hp and 20 tq from his set up without doing headers.

if i just put the single inlet and dual outlet for the muffler and get an optimized y pipe will i still have the same gains as true duals cause i can optimize mine now and just order the headers.

I second that. 15 hp and 20 tq from his set up without doing headers.

I am not sure you get those results even by adding headers, how would a true dual system add so much HP and TRQ?
Does anyone have any dyno numbers to prove this claim?

Wow I found the answer to my own question LOL, those are impressive numbers!!:shocked:

Steeda are those the bat Ypipe ends?looks like it laying on the floor..lol
Are those dyno #'s from a CSVT or an SE the base seems a little low??

Last edited:
they are from a csvt, and the base seems about normal.
Ok 140 hp sounds normal, 190-200hp minus 20%(17%) is about 160-165hp, There are plenty base #'s more than 140hp(like I said a little low)
The math isn't to complicated-Rikk

No its a sho shop y pipe

What are you talking about 140?

165hp 142 tq stock
179hp 161tq tru-duals

Sorry Jon 142 was the torq. not the HP, thats why I thought the numbers were low:nonono:

Back