• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Two bolt tubular control arms (for me!)

JEDsContour

CEG'er
A fellow with the NECO name “StangKiller“ put these together for me back in September. Tubular Lower control arms with heim joints and grease fittings. The welds look very good to me (there was concern with the first set of arms he fabricated). I had some new OEM arms handy that I compare in some of the pictures.
Stiff as is possible. NVH is an obvious given, but combined my poly filled engine mounts, wheel hop should be damn near impossible.
These are for my (stalled) Turbo 3L project. It's a shame there wasn't more interest in these...
BothArms.jpg

BothSide.jpg

Welds1.jpg

Welds2.jpg

Welds3.jpg

HeimJoint.jpg

CompareToStock1.jpg

CompareToStock2.jpg

I wanted a set of those but didn't realize my 98.5 was a 2 bolt. OH well lesson learned I guess :(. Those look real nice :drool:

Aaron

I talked to him about doing some 4-bolt versions, but I would have to get 4 pre-98 slugs to also come up with the cash...oh well they look very nice.

I believe I replied about these in Neco along time ago. The welds are so-so. Either he was welding too slow or didn't have enough voltage/heat into the welds. I can tell he wire welded them...looks like uneven penetration. More heat would help alot though. Just my .02 worthless cents.

yeah i want some for my 4 bolts, or traction bars. if i build traction bars, i'm gonna make a ton of them (once they work, and dont break suspension) so i can hand em out to ceg'ers!

i know this sounds dumb but when it comes to traction bars im a newb. what exaclty do they look like and how do they function

i love handouts and id like the tublars for both the front and rear. that way if i accidently slide sideways into a curb i dont bend everything so easily. plus the wheel hop is killing my diff.

Back