• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Attaching badge to grill

TourEnvy

Hard-core CEG'er
Im putting a svt badge on my grill offset, did you guys/gals use 3M mounting tape, cause that what I have i donno if it will hold, its black, kinda gooey and has red backing, I saw similar at the auto store, but this is what i got from work. suggestions, wouldn't like to lose it. thanks!

when i did mine, i used a new emblem, but didt trust the tape, so i wrapped some really thin bare wire around a couple spots on the emblem to hold it to the grill.
i put the wire accross where the letters touch so it isnt visible

Sorry not to mention that its a mesh grill, but is painted. I figured when i said offset logo...my bad. Anyways i bought a new one also but I replace my back one, because it wasn straight. I like Elky's idea it seem safe. Is it that noticeable?

you know what will work very very well is SHOE GOO. i used ZAP GOO II very close to shoe goo and shoe goo is cheeper. aslo by useing zap/ sho goo you can remove it by pulling it off and then useing a lighter to melt/ burn the rest off the mesh. works well for me.

I used some 3M badge and molding adhesive... its in a little tube and is pretty stinky but works really well... you can get it at any place that carries a nice majority of auto stuff - I got mine at Farm & Fleet

I just used some generic auto trim adhesive and it worked awesome. It is on there really really good!

JeffSVT048.jpg

my emblem already has backing on it, bought straight from ford stealership, will that be enough to hold it to the stazi 2 mesh?

i used 3m tape it says right on the pack good for up to 7 lbs. i never had a problem, on there all winter. this is the same stuff i will be using on my gen 2 mesh also.

Back