• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Headers?

nafunu32

CEG'er
About how much has everyone paid to have some headers put on our cars? I bought a CSVT and it has the weapon r y pipe installed, and the weapon r headers in the trunk. Local performance shop quoted me at $600. Is that right!?

You'll get about 300 if you sell them. If you mean how much to install, I thinks its a full day job, say 8 hrs. If you are mechanically inclined you could do it yourself.

I have an uncle that has a 2 bay shop with a car lift, but hes done a lot for me. Guess I could ask to borrow his shop. Problem is, this is my DD and if something went wrong or I didn't get finished, it could be bad news. I know how to turn a wrench and could prolly follow the HOW TO, but if something went wrong im not exactly sure what would happen.

i have old records from the old owner and they had to replace a pre cat and the labor was $286 and took 2.9 hours. they just replaced the right bank manifold. hope that helps

not much can relly go wrong. I'd suggest using some sort of lubricant or rust-eater spray on the nuts before you take them off.

front side is the easy side to replace...it is the rear one that is a major pain. No room to work with. Busted knuckes and a lot of swaring will get you threw it....and booze would help as well I am sure.

My friend and I are thinking about taking on this task. He said he would help me put mine on if I would help him put his on his Dodge Ram Hemi. I said done! We will have jack stands and air tools. Plenty of sockets and extensions. Car has 103k miles on it. Should I be worried about studs breaking or what? As long as some rust eater spray is on them to break it up I should be fine right?

Isn't there some sort of modification that needs to be done to the EGR, to make the Weapon-R headers work?

Mark

Yep. The EGR tube needs to be modified. And I don't know why said not much can go wrong is FOS. You can strip the head on one of the studs amongst other things. And the front is a ******* with no room with the cooling fans. The rear is pretty easy with the right swivels and extensions. Nex time I do them I'm dropping the fans. Will save in the long run.

Yep. The EGR tube needs to be modified. And I don't know why said not much can go wrong is FOS. You can strip the head on one of the studs amongst other things. And the front is a ******* with no room with the cooling fans. The rear is pretty easy with the right swivels and extensions. Nex time I do them I'm dropping the fans. Will save in the long run.

I think taking the fans off is a very very good idea. The more room you have the better. And it is easy to do, so do it. It is just that the rear is so tight and dark getting things lined up with extensions can be a little tricky. Taking the hood off might be an idea, never thought of that until now. Durp! LOL.

I had a the studs come out of the head when I did mine... just made it a tiny bit worse since i had to thread them back in when the manifolds were finally off.

Probly only happened because the original owner took them off before...

Some nuts come with the studs and some studs stay in the heads. Not a big deal unless you plan on using all hex heads which makes installation a lot easier.

Back