• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

5000k HID..mmmmm

Yea, I have been running my "+" bulbs for about 6 months and they look to have finally color shifted. They look f'n sweet. I got the look I want w/ the 5000k HID and the 3000k Ion fog. Looks like the IS300 :drool:.

I actually just picked up some self enclosed H3 Bosch projectors I am going to use for fogs. Right now I have the PIAA 510 so I will more than likely use these 85w rated PIAA ION FOG H3 bulbs in the Bosch's but I can always upgrade to HID capsules later down the road if I chose to do so.

Look at the cutoff and spread on these babies. Perfectly flat sharp cutoff the way a fog should be. This is a demo using just one of the fogs and running a 5000/6000k bulb. It's going to look sick in 3000k.

th_CIMG1057.jpg

th_CIMG1056.jpg

th_CIMG1055.jpg

Last edited:
Tony, again, give it a month for the bulbs to break into 5000K, they are originally 4300K, but they color shift faster then regular 4300K bulbs..

Yeah, first thing I did was run a 5000k in the drivers side with the old 4300k still in the passenger side. They looked almost identical. Even within a matter of 20 mins, they started to seperate slightly in color. Warm up looked different on the 2 bulbs also. The 5000k goes to a much deeper blue then comes back to white.

So far I'm loving the new bulbs. I'm running them all the time when I drive the car to get them to color shift faster.

Back