• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Antsy for SZ07?

i don't get not having a card either, but in NJ you have an actual card like the size of a credit card, I have a peice of paper that has teh vehicle and policy inforamtion on it, although in CT if you don't have insurance you can register a car, and if you cancel your insurance they will notify the dmv and they will pull the registration ...

Im sure we should be fine in Canada, its NY Im worried about, boy those staties were just looking for somthing to get us for!!

Kim and I were talking last night and we're thinking of making it a 2 day trip. It would help with fatigue factor. The idea would be to leave early Wednesday morning, but not insane early, something like 6 or 7 am. Then stop in Buffahole and stay Wednesday night there. We could meet with bildo and have a nice dinner there and relax. Then back on the road through Canada early Thursday morning.

Lets say:
Wed: Leave at 7 am (for us) and arrive in Buffalo at around 3 pm.
Thur: Leave at 7 am and arrive in GR at around noon!

What do you think? It would mean more days off, but a more relaxing trip, that I think would be more enjoyable. I'm getting too old for pulling all nighter drives and leaving no margin for error (potential problems).

Just to add to that, it doesn't have to be exactly 7 am sharp either, we're just brainstorming to see what you all think.
We figured since pretty much everyone of us takes Wednesday off anyway, this would work out for everyone's schedule.
Plus it would allow us to attend the Thursday event at Gingerman without being dead tired and cranky.

What would be even cooler is if any of the Buffalo folks have room for us, we could crash at their houses and caravan out with them in the morning. (definitely something I'd have to run by them first of course)

if we find a cheap enough hotel then sh*t I'll be in for that, it make a nice trip with not much exhaustion has I experienced when we went to Ft-Wayne..that was insane and honestly till this day i dont get how i did it! lol

Yeah if everyone is up for it, probably doing like 2 adjoining hotel rooms would be enough to house us all for the night. Cheap would definitely be on the menu too. ;)

mass registrations have ins information on them, thus no need for a separate ins card. plus you can not register a car in mass without insurance.
to go thru canada you need to call your ins agent and tell them whats up, they will send you a document stating you are covered for the time you are in Cananananada.

as for the two day trip, fugg that, lets just drive the NY thruway at 120mph, lets see them catch us then!
hahaa

seriously, i am all up for the 2 day drive.

Kim and I were talking last night and we're thinking of making it a 2 day trip. It would help with fatigue factor. The idea would be to leave early Wednesday morning, but not insane early, something like 6 or 7 am. Then stop in Buffahole and stay Wednesday night there. We could meet with bildo and have a nice dinner there and relax. Then back on the road through Canada early Thursday morning.

Lets say:
Wed: Leave at 7 am (for us) and arrive in Buffalo at around 3 pm.
Thur: Leave at 7 am and arrive in GR at around noon!

What do you think? It would mean more days off, but a more relaxing trip, that I think would be more enjoyable. I'm getting too old for pulling all nighter drives and leaving no margin for error (potential problems).

It sounds good to me. It'll be the longest drive where I have driven so it works out. The only thing is finals, still gotta worry about that. We'll see what happens, I want to go to SZ, but I can't post that I'm going b/c I don't know yet. Anyway, stopping over works out.

if we are thinking about taking two days to drive out what about not going through Canada and meeting up with people from PA/NY/NJ, etc again and going out that way

I thought you wanted to check out the falls? Canada side is best side. :D
Personally, I'd rather go through Canada, especially to have the shortest drive out on the 2nd day. That way we're still refreshed to enjoy Gingerman.
That's just my personal preference, and I'm pretty sure Mike and I are going to stick with that route, even though it'd be cool to roll with the Northeast folks again.

But that's just me. We're not bound to go any specific route as a group, so if anyone has a special preference on what they'd like to do, by all means, don't feel you gotta follow Mike and I out every year.
We'll all still have our fun out in MI no matter what. :)

yeah if we stop in the Niagra Falls area we should stop at the falls ... I was jus tthinking that going the other way might be a nice alternative ...

Back