• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

5000k HID..mmmmm

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
One of my old 4300k bulbs died, so I figured it was a good time to upgrade to 5000k. :drool: :drool:

Rebased 9006, Philips 5000k D2R
DSCF1543Medium.jpg

There is not many of these actually available since it's custom rebased. I had to special order them.

Last edited:
how long did u have ur 4300k for? i'm curious as to how long they lasted.

About 2 years I believe. I got them from Goonz used because he owed me some cash, so I took those instead.

So it was about a year of him owning them, then another year of me owning them, and I turned them on everytime I drove, day and night. I'd say they lasted pretty damn long. I still have one good 4300k.

ahh I didnt notice much with 5000Ks having projectors, but I know for sure that in the reflector based for 5000Ks, especially Philips 85122+, it looks GREAT! I need to see it in person!

ahh I didnt notice much with 5000Ks having projectors, but I know for sure that in the reflector based for 5000Ks, especially Philips 85122+, it looks GREAT! I need to see it in person!

One of my old 4300k bulbs died, so I figured it was a good time to upgrade to 5000k. :drool: :drool:

Rebased 9006, Philips 5000k D2R
DSCF1543Medium.jpg

DSCF1543Medium.jpg

There is not many of these actually available since it's custom rebased. I had to special order them.

I have 2 pairs of these 5000k Philips 85122+ re-based for the 9006 and have been running them for about 6 months. Since I have eyebrows that block upward glare I actually shaved off the ceramic shield to get the few extra hundred lumens. More light, more color, and never get flashed. I also have a set of 9006 re-based in the 4300k flavor but I'm rockin the 5000k in my reflectors :drool:. Haven't decided which ones I'm going to be using in my Valeos.

Last edited:
You dont see much of a difference with projectors having 5000K unless you have like TL lens' or like clear lens' and or moded bowls/cutoffs. I reverted back to 4300K and saw more color in my cutoff then I did with 5000K. However I am sure for reflector based purposes, the difference should be clear.

Tony, again, give it a month for the bulbs to break into 5000K, they are originally 4300K, but they color shift faster then regular 4300K bulbs..

Back