• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Which wheels do you like for my MCS?

Poor ride, fast wear, weight of them, not greatest best grip...

I understand the poor ride for sure, the fast wear I don't though. The cars weight distribution has more to do with that as its about 2/3 of the weight is over the front, so they mention that tire rotation is important with the Mini. As far as grip goes, well, the tire is a 280 treadwear and "AA" traction and "A" temp rating so its not that bad. I actually thought about getting rid of them, but with Discount Tire only giving me $200.00 for the entire set I think I'll gut it out, besides, I've read some good reviews of the Dunlop runflats. I guess we'll see how it goes;)

BTW, I appreciate yours and everyone elses comments so far, but right now it looks like a toss up between the AR1's and AR2's.

Hey my coworker just got his mcs and was telling me that the wheel nuts are actually the nut and bolt as one piece. Like you gotta hold the wheel up and line up it's holes with the ones in the hub then bolt it in. I've never heard of that. Is it uncommon?

This is THE one!

This is THE one!

9_18_03_07_12_09_22.jpg

dyno1.jpg

Bone stock, I think we have a winner here:drool:
R56Dyno1.jpg

These are the 18" version of the ASA AS1's:drool: I'm not going with the 18's but rather the 17's which weigh in @20.7lbs. I'd like to go with Yokahama Parada spec2's or the AVS100's. Both tires seem pretty close in treadwear 280/300, but the Parada spec2's look badass. I'm leaning towards a 215/40 vs. the stock 204/40, but I wanna make sure I can do this and I don't expect a problem. The other tire I'm considering is the BFG KDW2's, ofcoarse because I love BFG and that tread pattern and smooth sidewall are things I personally like about the tire, perf is a given so need to mention it. After hearing from Todras, someone I respect for his opinion on tires sheerly out of his driving skillz and what I've read about the runflats, they are going away and I'm just going to ante up the difference with the $200.00 Discount Tire is giving me for them. I checked tirerack and my wheels w/Yokes Parada spec2's price out at $960.00 and thats w/o tax, so we'll see what my buddy can do for me at Discount.

BTW, my car should come in by 4/12/07, give or take a couple days....hopefully take a couple:help: :laugh:

im on my third set of kdw2, though because of me thinkin im at a race track everyday and this is over 2 different wheels. but im in love still. and they still look amazing :) but the grip, mother of god can these boys grip. just dont even bother leaving your place if it snows though. trust me on this.

Contourguy, your car looks great, especially with those black rims w/polished lip and slammed:drool: The BFG's will NEVER see snow as I'm using the stock rims for snow tire use, probably going with Michelin "Alpin" sports.

You can do a lot better than KDW2's for less...

Azeni rT-615's and Hankook r212 or whatever are still the best performing tires for the money out there. And if you don't like those you might as well get race rubber.

The price for the rims/tires/insurance comes out to $1170 for the BFG's and that's w/ the $200.00 credit for the take-off runflats or I can pay $1000.00 OTD for Yokes Parada spec2's,s same deal. I like the looks of the Yokes too, but I've always been partial to BFG. I know there's better tires out there but I need a good, all around performer as I like to take trips in my car and it will be a DD. Now if I wanted to I could get the 18" wheels for $30.00 less per rim and save even more because I don't think the tires are really that much more, what about that:confused:

...and the winner is with pics!

...and the winner is with pics!

eac539d7.jpg

This is an R53 (previous gen MCS) but you get an idea on how my car IS going to look when I get it. I will have the wheels ordered right before it comes in. I'm thinking I need to lower the car though because its just too tempting and I don't want to wait 4 years like I did with the CSVT:rolleyes:

Back