• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally!!!

Gosh, that sucks. Hope you feel better, man. Are they getting removed?
no, they actually don't do that too much anymore except in recurrent cases. So i'm just on lots of drugs and it will go away in a week or 2.

Perhaps sometime we could get together and gut my precats depending on how successful your attempt is.

Good luck with the gutting.
A case of beer? LMAO, you'll need it for your first install. :D
I lined up all the beer bottles that we went through when we did ours.

I think the best part of our install was the PM that Stazi sent me. We had to take off and cut the EGR to put in a compression fitting. I asked him for some advice and he went on a swearing tangent and then told me what I needed to do. All I could think was him swearing with that Australian accent and I was LMAO. I believe I still have that PM.

You won't have to do what we did Scott, don't worry.

Feel better Ryan!!

MSDS= NO cutting of the EGR
Weapon R= Cutting the EGR

Only with Weapon R's you cut. With MDSD everything lines up pretty well so there are no worries.

When does one cut the EGR, and why wouldn't I have to. Uh oh, confusion sets in. :laugh:

MSDS= NO cutting of the EGR
Weapon R= Cutting the EGR

Only with Weapon R's you cut. With MDSD everything lines up pretty well so there are no worries.

Looks like I'm going to need to do the EGR jerry rig for the WR then.

Scott, do you have any knowledge on this? I've heard about it but not sure exactly what parts to get/what is all entailed. I may need to read up on it before I swing over in a few weeks.

Ok. Important safety note, Catalyst + eye = PAIN:mad: :mad: :laugh: . I had on safety goggles and everything. Takin' a short beer break and then it's back to ripping the everloving guts out of my @#$%%#$ precats. :laugh:

Ha, ha, ha, ha,ha. OK, just did the obligatory start up with the Y-pipe off. Sounds sooooooooooo cool. Just like my uncle's stock car. OK, no more beer for me.:laugh: That rocked!!!

Ha, ha, ha, ha,ha. OK, just did the obligatory start up with the Y-pipe off. Sounds sooooooooooo cool. Just like my uncle's stock car. OK, no more beer for me.:laugh: That rocked!!!

Now you know why I was so sad to get my car fixed... Oh man that rumble will never get old. It almost makes me want to install an electrically controlled cut-out :laugh: I dont think i'll go that far but these engines sound fantastic running without any exhaust on.

I'm feeling alright... Alot better than the other day but i'm still not supposed to do anything. I dont even think im supposed to go skiing.

hey scott sorry i could not make it i been working on the tour all day. put the new heater resistor in i have heat!!!!! then i found out the trunk was leaking! those stupid vents on the side both sides!!!!!!!! well nothing a lil sheet metal,self tapping screws,pop rivits and under coating won't fix. i did 1 side to see if i seald it up tight. if so i am doing the other one some day this week. it has been a long day.... plus i was out in the cold all day!!!!!

Ok. Important safety note, Catalyst + eye = PAIN:mad: :mad: :laugh: . I had on safety goggles and everything.

How's the eye?

The sad part is that this is only for a couple weeks till the MSDS come in, then I do this all over again.:laugh: Feelin' better Ryan?

Did you take the pre-cat off to do it then?
If so, consider it practice. ;)

You need the beer. This is just a precursor to what you have ahead of you, stock up now. :D
It makes the install that much more fun when you see how much you actually drank. :laugh:

What next. On the test drive, the Vac. hose attatched to the rear manifold keeps blowing off. Does that mean the main cat is bad, too? Ohhhhh, this sux.

Pimped....glad you got heat. Don't sweat not makin' it down, maybe next time.

Luca...The eye is better.:laugh: Now if only the car were....:blackeye: Now where did I put that =#$%$#% beer?:laugh:

If I had to venture a guess , I'd say the precats broke down & dropped crap into the main cat & clogged it . Hence the hose blowing off . Looks like you may get practice pulling off the main cat tomorrow ... :(

And I thought you had it licked , Scott .

Back