• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT meet 9/30/2006

you wish.

i wont be bringing the contour today because i just got finished doing a duratec 35 motor swap, turbo, supercharger, intercooler, aftercooler, NOS, alcohol injection, AWD conversion and i cant get the last lugnut off. god damnit! my spline socket has stripped out! that all might be false except the lugnut part. damnit!

I think both sway bar links are busted on SVT #2 or at least I assume thats the clunking noise I hear back there..

if I get a set at work would someone install those suckers for me? pretty please?

I've got a new gauge pod too with indiglos that I bought already installed but I think the inverter is missing or they just cut the wires... I should probably open that box and take a look see... I might bring that too.

I wish I could bring my SVT though... so many little things I need help with.. :(

I have the invertors for the faze guages.....You didnt get them from anyone from the Chicagoland area did you'????

Hope you all had a great time today. I'm sorry I couldn't make it but had a wedding to attend to. Besides the fact it looked like rain out this morning... And Curt, I'm counting on you for pictures !!!!

big thanks to whomever brought the sausage -- it was tasty! Great time, we will have to do this again before it gets cold out....

I bought a complete gauge pod off of ebay... someone crashed a SVT and some place parted everything out... the person who had the car had indiglo's and they just unplugged them... not sure of what brand they are so I can buy a new inverter.. I have a set in my car from Street Racer Parts and they don't look the same... the mystery set has white inserts for the blinker area and the other light areas (CEL,Brake,oil etc)

anyone have any ideas?

I think I can say everyone there had a great time. Lots of good food thanks to Hetfield's cooking. Lots of good conversations thanks to Jessica. And yes Bob, lots of cool looking pictures thanks to, well, me. :eek: I'll get the pictures posted when I can find a little time.

it was nice to see everyone. i hope you all enjoyed my buns. look for a meet in northern IL soon.

i made it home ok dispite a couple of tornados i had to drive the libby through. the wind, rain, and hail was pretty intense.

I had a great time meeting/remeeting people.

skirted alot of really nasty weather driving back to chicago

it was a nice 45 min drive back to Cottage Grove.. it was a little drizzle off and on and the sun setting right in your face.. my windshield wipers suck so all it did was smear the water around and made it difficult to see.. It was nice seeing you all again and meeting some new people. I hope we can do this again sometime!

Dispite how goofy everyone is, you are all a blast to hang out with! Had a great time - would like to have stayed longer for the "tornado" weather with all of you. We will have to have another meet while it is warm - I do believe My place is next on the list. THANKS FOR DOING MY FOG LIGHT MOD, I LOVE IT! - JOE

It was a fun time... although I'm still trying to figure out how, during a mod meet where mine and Jess' cars were the only ones being worked on, nothing got done to my car. :) Meh, its all good.

There was modding going on? ;)

It was great meeting everyone. One helluva turnout. Thanks Josh! BTW, I'm no longer a meet virgin. :eek:

Somebody had to bring a Zetec. :)

BP

PRT Meet Pictures

PRT Meet Pictures

A good time was had by all and here are the pictures to prove it.

Hetfield and NVMYSVT talking
P9300036.JPG

Bensenvill and Blu Fuz relaxing
P9300041.JPG

csvt 33 and MLuko examine Mark's car
P9300040.JPG

Our host Pole120 (aka Josh) hard at work
P9300039.JPG

ymicz (L) even brought his Pontiac GTP SE for everyone to see
P9300042.JPG

Yes, we only had 4 burgers to share among everyone there
P9300043.JPG

The line up of cars, those are CSVT's WAY back there to the right
Coolkuehl3's son Kevin even brought his BRAND new '07 Focus SES (L) with
37 miles on the odometer to the meet, drove it straight from the dealer
(sad thing is he traded the 1996 Contour SE on the Focus)
P9300044.JPG

Last edited:
wowsers, I look like I am in mid-dookie or something from that look on my face in that picture. LOL

that was a fun meet though... lets starting planning the second one ASAP and lets get it in before it gets too blasted cold.

mid Oct perhaps? -- I'll be gone at the end of the month for Sema and Novemeber might be too cold already unless we just have some sorta indoor only event.

Back