• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ya know what sucks?

ChattavegasSE

Hard-core CEG'er
Removing MTX shift linkage with no idea what you're doing. :crazy: I pulled the shift tower and linkage out of my wrecked SVT parts car for IcySVT today and damn it's a major PITA!!! :mad: As much fun as I had pullin' 'em out, I don't envy Icy's future installation! :shocked:

Removing MTX shift linkage with no idea what you're doing. :crazy: I pulled the shift tower and linkage out of my wrecked SVT parts car for IcySVT today and damn it's a major PITA!!! :mad: As much fun as I had pullin' 'em out, I don't envy Icy's future installation! :shocked:

Lets hope you didn't break anything!

Yeah I can't wait till in the morning!!!!!!!!! FUn times await LOL. Thanks for your help Eric you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I broke a lot of things! :crazy: The good thing is, though, none of them were parts he needed. I smashed the bajeebus outta the lower HVAC duct that goes into the floor. Apparantly, the only tools you need to remove the MTX shift tower and linkages are a pry bar, a 3" cutting wheel on a 18V drill, and a random piece of metal with a sharp edge on it. :crazy:

so the linkage won't work or at least the ends are different. I got it fixed the side to side cable came off. I'll have to figure out what i need to order and get it done by the weekend huh?

from the looks of things the 98 is a little more different than thought at first from the 99-00 models. Oh well. I'll get it fixed one way or another. Thanks for the effort Eric. Oh yeah when you want to swap grills?????

Any time. I'm gonna hack your's up and paint it. :cool: I think out of all different grills I've had, I like this one the best:
278249_6_full.jpg

278249_8_full.jpg

I don't know if I'll put a badge on it or not. My wife's grill came with a little 'Kamei' emblem:
278249_269_full.jpg

278249_270_full.jpg

I just need to have her grill painted; and that black mesh is steel and the whole grill (brand new in the box) was only $45 off ebay. Why can't we have cool parts readily availible? :blackeye:

Whats left on that parts car.. send pics my way. samplewon@aol.com I may be interested in a few things for my 99 TRED/TAN 3L w SVT goodies SVT and my 98 SILVER/MB 3L full SVT. The Silver one is almost complete and is for sale check sig.

Hard brake lines/fuel lines, most AC parts, misc. wire harnesses; not much really. :crazy:

Icy - we might could meet up Sunday afternoon; I don't know if I've got any plans though.

2000 and 1998 are way different

2000 and 1998 are way different

we are rewiring a 2000 model motor and tranny for a 1998
it is a pain
we will be selling an adapter kit when we get everything finalized
we even swapped over to the returnless fuel system
we are making a splice to go between the motor harness and the main harness
from to the 2000 model:
computer
motor harness
motor and transmission
fuel pump
fuel pump wiring harness
feul pump electronics
lots of wires
the 98 shift linkage can be used you just have to get the right size bushings from a local parts store
well i hope this helps
strother

Back