• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2000 SVT Contour Full 3L Install (the Beginning)

take a look at a mazda 6 one and see if it fits under our hood, I've heard its the best, but I cant remember if it's the same as the escape, or a better fit.

take a look at a mazda 6 one and see if it fits under our hood, I've heard its the best, but I cant remember if it's the same as the escape, or a better fit.

maybe someday right now is time for a ported but I have to inspect the engine some more before I do anything......

Picked this up the other day:drool:
DSCN2539.jpg

But then I found this and so the engine is going back.:mad::mad::help::help::help:
DSCN2544.jpg

DSCN2543.jpg

I called the junkyard and the guy tried to tell me it was just normal sludge from sitting outside in the Escape for a year..... I don't think so.... All I can keep picturing is clogged oil return passages even if I mount the engine on the stand flip it upside down and scrape all of it off and use clean valve covers of course I would pop the oil pan. but man nothing good has happened to this engine that is over heated oil bake if I ever saw it. that or some one driving the Escape for 65k and never changing or adding oil. YUK

Wow man...i would be pissed!!!! :mad: From what you said the JY guy seems hesitant to give you a new one.....i sure hope he does!!!

i would make sure to pop the valve covers on the next one.

First thing I do before anything.

Harrry
Wow man...i would be pissed!!!! :mad: From what you said the JY guy seems hesitant to give you a new one.....i sure hope he does!!!

I'm sure he will when I show him the engine.... guy has been pretty easy to work with he said I could take it back but there would be a restocking fee... we'll see how it goes since I cut the crank bushing off already:nonono:

Well the engine went back yesterday and after the junkyard mechanic looked at the engine they took it back no problem. and now I'm getting an 02 taurus engine. with the nifty plastic valve covers and intake that fits over the coil pack...... so it looks like I will get to experience a cam swap now.

haha, yeah, my 02 blew up, so now I get the fancy 04 cams and still have the plastic valve covers and that fit better in the car.

[/optimism]

Back