• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

If an SVT just rolled off the show room floor, I think it might look like this.

beyondloadedSE

Hard-core CEG'er
Alright, I'm going to whore a little bit. :) Heres my 1999 Tropic Green SVT (#1971 of 2760) I picked up a few weeks agos after my 96 SE spun a rod bearing. I washed it today so I figured I would snap some pictures.

I bought the car from a guy in Indianapolis. He bought the car new and maintained it meticulously. I think it got the "Roger Rexroade" treatment! :D Anyways, it has 102K on the clock. It just got the 100K mile maintenance before I bought it which he spent over $1600 on from the dealership. If the stealership thought it needed to be replaced, he went ahead and had it replaced. The car has been serviced every 3,000 miles from an SVT certified dealer.

The way the car sits now, its completely bone stock (aside from the window tint) and thats the way I intend to keep it. When I first went to take a look at it, I was totally impressed with how well its been taken of. It has 102K on the clock and still has the original brakes, waterpump, interior, etc. Tires were just replaced 6,000 miles ago. On with the pics!

interior029.jpg

interior030.jpg

interior031.jpg

interior033.jpg

interior036.jpg

interior037.jpg

interior038.jpg

interior039.jpg

Last edited:
Nice clean Green SVT.. If you intend to keep the car like that then sell me your Axis Sevens :D. Hope the car treats you well.

Aaron

wow!! i dont' know how someone could drive a car 100k miles and not get a stain on it anywhere!!! dude is definitely neurotic about keeping his car clean.

i'm also impressed with the lower/front bumper being perfect!!

sounds like me in that he spent $1600 on it right before selling it...i probably spent $13-1400 myself.

Jim that is truly an amazing find! I remember when my SVT looked like that. It brings tears to my eyes.... I did find something that the previous owner may have done or the dealership... If you look on the trunklid there is a contour emblem where the SVT emblem is supposed to go and the SVT emblem is on the other side..... Other than that this car is 100% showroom quality.

Congratulations

Wow that is clean. I swear he must have put it on jack stands, and placed a brick on the gas pedal to put 100k on it and keep it that clean.

If you look on the trunklid there is a contour emblem where the SVT emblem is supposed to go and the SVT emblem is on the other side..... Other than that this car is 100% showroom quality.

Congratulations

Yeah, I noticed that too when I bought it. I'll have to ask the original owner if he did that. Maybe the dealership just put it on there when he bought it. I dont know. :shrug:

And Goonz, I probably will end up changing the waterpump just to safe.

a few contours have had the contour and svt logo's on them. who knows how they got there...probably some tard at the ford plant just stuck em' on by accident

How can you put over 100k miles on a car and not wear the shifter or the steering wheel?

x2....sounds a little fishy. If they are new parts why would he dump extra $ into it that he most likely wouldn't get back from the sale :ponder:. Cleaning and detailing before the sale is one thing but a new steering wheel, possibly a new shift nob, possibly new mats, etc. Hmm

Either way great find. When are you going to tell us what you paid? :laugh:

That car wasn't driven 102K miles. Rolled maybe, but not driven...

Back