• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GREAT DEAL! Racebits V6 Duratec ST200 Mondeo/Cougar all stainless header and Y-pipe

gmorrell

Hard-core CEG'er
Please carefully read the whole damn post, thank you.

This is not a group buy, just notification of a great deal on an all stainless header and Y-pipe set for the V6 Duratec. These came up in a discussion in Duratec Performance, here:
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...ght-stainless-steel-headers-were-gone-forever (Post 16)

Here's a link to the header on Racebits:
http://racebits.org/index.php?main_...ducts_id=547&zenid=02hcbpismcf59btt8k66i8ktk2

Since last week, I've been trading emails with Shaun at Racebits in the UK. Here's a summary.
We have sent a few units over to the US and had no complaints.
This is based upon the UK ST200 which engine and exhaust is all the same as your equivalent SVT.

So the Headers will be an exact swap, matching the Y-pipe to your exhaust might have different flanges but that will be the worst case scenario.

We made these as we work with a lot of Mondeo forums in the UK, and the American version MSDS were wanted by everyone (here in UK) but cost was way too much. So we worked with members and a lot of companies and designed these in stainless unlike competitor's mild steel. Gains have been good especially mid/top end.

The shipping to USA is £59.99

Hope this helps, feel free to contact me again.

ps: These are only on special offer for a short time longer at this price.

OK, here's what we've got.

1. The current price is £199.99, which is a 33% discount from the normal price of £300.
£199.99 is $319.97 as of today's (Jan 25, 2011) exchange rates.
This is a limited time discount, I don't know how long Racebits will run it.

2. Shaun says he can go as low as £189.99 for Contour.org purchases, which is $303.96 (Jan 25, 2011).

3. Shipping to the USA is £59.99, or $95.89 (Jan 25, 2011).

This puts an all Stainless header and y-pipe right at $400 SHIPPED, I don't think it gets much better than that.

Normally, I would agree to proctor a Group Purchase, collect funds, arrange for re-shipping the headers when they get here. etc, but there's no cost advantage to shipping in bulk and having me re-ship the stuff when it gets here. Additionally, due to the expense of this thing, I don't want to get in the middle of collecting funds, dealing with the currency conversion issues, answering vitriolic posts wondering "Where's my damn stuff?", etc.

Shaun at Racebits is willing to take orders from their online store and arrange for shipping to the United States on a one-by-one basis, You will need to contact Shaun by email and tell him you're from Contour.org, and to arrange shipping to the US, as overseas shipping doesn't appear to be supported in their shopping cart. I have every faith he will honor the £189.99 + ship price.

Shaun's email: jacks@racebits.net

I'm placing this tickler in the Group Buy sub-forum just to let folks know about it, then I'm going to place my order and call it good.

Disclaimer: I can't guarantee the fit of the Y-pipe end-flange to our US-spec exhaust systems, nor compatibility with O2 sensors, as such, this may not be a direct bolt-up. If you can't handle the potential fabrication issues, or find someone who can, then don't buy the parts.

EDIT, January 25, 2011, got some payment details and Shaun is willing to sell headers and Y-pipes separately.

I got an email from Shaun today, he read this thread and he's willing to sell the headers and Y-pipes separately.

I'm also happy to say that after reading the posts on your forum that I can also sell the Y-pipes on their own as glad your members have noticed that they have improved flow from the back bank.

Can do these for just £130 + £53.99 Shipping (£183.99 total)

Same for just the headers £130 + £53.99 Shipping (£183.99 total)

Additionally, you can do the transaction entirely through PayPal.
On the SEND MONEY page, just select the payment to be in GBP - British Pounds, and PayPal will do the rest.
PayPal doesn't even charge a currency conversion fee, and that's rare these days.

The account to pay is jacks@racebits.net

Hi Gary
Have read through the link and glad our products are of great interest to you all.

And for just £189.99 + £59.99 Shipping roughly under $400 I believe.

Item should get to you within 4 days of us receiving payment.

Please feel free to paypal the amount of £249.98 to this email address and we can send out immediately.

Shaun (owner)

Gary M.

interested

From the looks of it the ypipes are 3bolt y pipes so it will fit 00 SVTs with no modifications.

Last edited:
Wow what a deal!! Wish I didn't already have msds. Is it cool if I put this on NECO too?

I agree it is a good deal but I too have msds headers but I have n a stock y-pipe so the y-pipe would be nice but it wouldn't be a direct fit since i have 2 bolt.

Wow, those are fantastic, and the price is even better... Only question/concern is about the MIL eliminators. I wonder if we can run the ones we have here. 400 shipped is sick!

Glad I brought attention to these. Looks like a few people will be able to benefit from it. Also I double checked and went back to my receipt folder... when I bought my WeaponR Headers new they were $375 shipped. So that said this is a dang good deal. Makes me want to buy another set just to swap out the headers. If anyone is interested in a 'y-pipe only' I may be interested in going in on this with someone, so PM me. As I only want the headers if I do this since I have no use for the y-pipe with my turbo setup.

Can anyone verify if this is a 3 bolt flange y-pipe?

Ummm... yea pretty sure that is a 3 bolt flange in the picture :laugh:

ss-62000_1.jpg

Glad I brought attention to these. Looks like a few people will be able to benefit from it. Also I double checked and went back to my receipt folder... when I bought my WeaponR Headers new they were $375 shipped. So that said this is a dang good deal. Makes me want to buy another set just to swap out the headers. If anyone is interested in a 'y-pipe only' I may be interested in going in on this with someone, so PM me. As I only want the headers if I do this since I have no use for the y-pipe with my turbo setup.

I would be interested but I need a 2 bolt y-pipe :shrug:

Would they sell headers only?
I have a nice SS Sho-shop Y.
I also just logged on to post a possible shipping deal with a contact who does international shipping and said he could help.
If we do a GB and ship to one location they could be picked up at Spring Zing for example. Of coarse this depends on how much the shipping deal actually saves vs. headache.
I am in for headers only but if I have to buy the whole set I would and sell the Y.
-J

I know it says 'up to a 30 HP upgrade' on the page but what can we really be looking at in terms of performance over a stock 2000 CSVT? Is that figure accurate?

I got an email from Shaun today, he read this thread and he's willing to sell the headers and Y-pipes separately.

I'm also happy to say that after reading the posts on your forum that I can also sell the Y-pipes on their own as glad your members have noticed that they have improved flow from the back bank.

Can do these for just £130 + £53.99 Shipping (£183.99 total)

Same for just the headers £130 + £53.99 Shipping (£183.99 total)

Additionally, you can do the transaction entirely through PayPal.
On the SEND MONEY page, just select the payment to be in GBP - British Pounds, and PayPal will do the rest.
PayPal doesn't even charge a currency conversion fee, and that's rare these days.

The account to pay is jacks@racebits.net

Hi Gary
Have read through the link and glad our products are of great interest to you all.

And for just £189.99 + £59.99 Shipping roughly under $400 I believe.

Item should get to you within 4 days of us receiving payment.

Please feel free to paypal the amount of £249.98 to this email address and we can send out immediately.

Shaun (owner)

Excellent, I think I'm going to buy the package and sell the Y separate.
As I mentioned above, I contacted a guy through another site and he said he could guarantee beating our shipping price, but that may be more headache than its worth as this is already a great price.
If anyone has interest in the discounted shipping, let me know and I can look into it more.
-J

Back