• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This is getting ridiculous.......

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
I want to take a break from working on SVTs and parting them out. I just finished taking apart the '99 black svt that has been in the garage for over a month. I picked up the trailer today to take it to the scrapper and Mrs. Blu is happy to have her heated garage spot back.

BUT, these damn cars just keep falling out of no where! Just found out today that I am getting another one. Wasn't too keen on having another one right away to part out, but this one will be saved(hopefully). I have yet to see it in person, but from what I can tell it will be saved and will be a 3L. I will put my blu_fuz special touch on it (powder coating) and then it might be for sale, or possibly before it is done

Welcome to the club, my T-red/tan '99 SVT (with low miles even). Picking it up tomorrow.

99T-REDSVT1.jpg

99T-REDSVT.jpg

If you have red ones, you can set them aside for me. Not sure if I only need one or more yet. This is a lucky find actually, so ya, I'm lucky :laugh:.

I'm going to let the incorrect spelling of "ridiculous" slide by because it's a punny spin on you having acquired a red SVT.
:p
you crazy, parting-out bastid

If you have red ones, you can set them aside for me. Not sure if I only need one or more yet. This is a lucky find actually, so ya, I'm lucky :laugh:.

They are brand new unpainted.... no worried I have 7

I also have 7 brand new in package unpainted ones, so keep the ones you have ;).

NOT PARTING THIS ONE, yet :laugh:!

Ha ha. Ok, I didn't spell it correctly. Oh well :shrug:.

Mesh and grill ring will be returned to stock and the svt badge on the fender will be removed:
99T-REDSVT2.jpg

I think it has a borla exhaust or it might just have tips. I didn't ask.
99T-REDSVT5.jpg

He has some of the interior trim off because he moved speakers and stuff to another car. Looks like a b&m shifter too. The red painted stuff will be returned to stock.
99T-REDSVT4.jpg

I want! I thought that you always wanted a red and tan one Joe so why not keep it? You want to personalize this thing for me? :crazy: I have always wanted one I just dont know if I could justify it.

Well, might not keeping it because I am not in the market for another car to keep.

I know it is finally the color combo, and the low miles I wanted forever, but I have moved on to a truck that we really needed. EGPLNT fills the void for my lead foot :laugh:.

After I get it and do an inspection and initial cleaning, I will either list it for sale as a "let me build you a 3L svt" or as parts.

Yah 82,448 miles :crazy:.

I'm getting excited for this one now. No problems yet so hopefully the seller doesn't get cold feet and back out of the deal :laugh:.

Bald tires..... They will be replaced with the chrome focus SVT wheels and those might be sold with the car.

Back