• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I mocked up the fmic

No its not bolted on yet but it will bolt on exactly how it sits, there is 2" or more between them as it sits now.

No there arent any issues running elbows, this is typical for this type of fmic.

Yes Eric I took on the challenge and overcame it:laugh:

Yes the zip ties will hold but they arent hood enough for me, I want brackets so I know for a FACT its not going anywhere.

No Barge I am not gonna mess with the turbo piping. I could get some piping and make it a straight shot, but I dont want to mess with it since it wont really do much I dont think.

It probably won't make a difference, but each 90 deg bend is equal to adding somewhere around 9" of tubing. Those tight radius silicone coupling are actually worse than that.

That pipe routing is terrible. :confused:
I didn't read all the posts so maybe this was covered but; Why the top/bottom setup? A side to side would eliminate alot of unnecessary bends.

That pipe routing is terrible. :confused:
I didn't read all the posts so maybe this was covered but; Why the top/bottom setup? A side to side would eliminate alot of unnecessary bends.

Go read all the posts....

The FMIC is pretty much the exact same as the setup on my car. same bends and everything.

Yes rkeith or keithr whoever you realllly are, read it all then comment:nonono:

Barge does have a good point though, I will see what this setup gains on the dyno then maybe get some more tubing bent and try that setup down the road and see if anything changes. But for now it will go as it sits.

Just to show a comparison this is mine

2 elbows

001.jpg

And this is Joey from Nautilus's

2 elbows.

bezlsg.jpg

Same setup basicly

Will 2 tubes not fit on the drivers side? just curious why you couldn't do a top/bottom with an in/out on the same side.

Stuff like that is always hard to figure out without being in front of the car and trying to fit things.

Yeah they would but the inlet and outlet is on oposite sides and I dont really want to mess with the turbo piping, its perfectly laid out and looks amazing.

As for the outlets being on the same side, the way Joey explained it this way is more efficient at getting the air cooler faster

Will 2 tubes not fit on the drivers side? just curious why you couldn't do a top/bottom with an in/out on the same side.

Stuff like that is always hard to figure out without being in front of the car and trying to fit things.
That's the way the FMIC kits are for the MS3/6's: both tubes on the same side. It looks weird at first, but it works. :cool:

Why sacrifice performance for looks? :shrug:

There is no sacrafice for performance/looks. And having both inlet and outlet on the same side is just dumb dumb poo poo pants, mine is better cause I am me and thats that,lol

Back