• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Foglights.

Most use Proburners, Hella Optilux 2500, or PIAA 510's.

I've used both the Hella and PIAA setups, and they kept cracking. I got sick of dealing with it and wasting money, and went back to stock.

Yeah, I wish i didn't blow money on glass fog lights that eventually crack. With the money spent, i could have gotten an 8xx series hid system that would probably be awesome.

WTF do you guys do for a clear replacement? The stockers suck the butt.:nonono:

You mean they're hazy like the headlights? A good polish would go a long way.

Yeah, I wish i didn't blow money on glass fog lights that eventually crack. With the money spent, i could have gotten an 8xx series hid system that would probably be awesome.

Yeah I wouldnt use a glass lens that low to the ground either.

I pulled the stock fogs out of the fog brackets and installed the ProBurners into the stock bracket using some double-sided foam tape and a single machine screw/nut, and they've held up great for over a year and a half now.

Because they're driving lights (not fog lights), be sure you aim them down, otherwise they'll shine right into oncoming traffic. Also, Wal-Mart sells replacement bulbs for about $5/each. They're in the automotive bulb section, they're pretty unique because they have a lead already connected to the base of the bulb.

I pulled the stock fogs out of the fog brackets and installed the ProBurners into the stock bracket using some double-sided foam tape and a single machine screw/nut, and they've held up great for over a year and a half now.

Because they're driving lights (not fog lights), be sure you aim them down, otherwise they'll shine right into oncoming traffic. Also, Wal-Mart sells replacement bulbs for about $5/each. They're in the automotive bulb section, they're pretty unique because they have a lead already connected to the base of the bulb.

Did you take the cover off for this or just jack the car up?

Here is a pic of those 20 dollar Pro Burners from Walmart installed. This was taken last year and has been posted before..

Pre98Fogs.jpg

From my experience...they're not worth $20. You're much better off cleaning up the stock fogs because the glass will crack on these, and it's not really worth the hassle of having to take it apart a few times after getting the warranty honored after every cracked lens.

From my experience...they're not worth $20. You're much better off cleaning up the stock fogs because the glass will crack on these, and it's not really worth the hassle of having to take it apart a few times after getting the warranty honored after every cracked lens.

How is the warranty even honored? After I bought them, I couldn't find anything in the box or on their website about their warranty.

I believe it's written ON the box about the warranty. It's been well over a year since I bothered with them.

I'm betting its a pain just like the wiper blade warranty where the $7 you spend sending the wiper back could have just gone towards another $10 blade.

Back