• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine Swap

keithr

Veteran CEG'er
Hey guys, gotta question I was hoping someone could help me out with.

My tour is climbing up in kilometers, 296,000, and I want to put a new motor in. My question is, what engine (s) will fit, 3.0 or not.

Will another contour, not SVT engine work? Please help.
Thanks,
Keith

if the motor is fine why replace it? as for 3L engines ... any duratec from a taurus/sable/escape will work ...

Why can't I get sensible "why replace it?" responses like that? Instead, I get incredibly tempting prices and options :mad::mad:

iirc when the NPG turbo kit was developed you where all about getting it and you said it yourself you want a 3L, might as well give in ....

hell I am removing a prefectly running engine, but the deal on the 3L was just to good.

iirc when the NPG turbo kit was developed you where all about getting it and you said it yourself you want a 3L, might as well give in ....

hell I am removing a prefectly running engine, but the deal on the 3L was just to good.

I'm all about everything!! I want it all!!

Hey guys, gotta question I was hoping someone could help me out with.

My tour is climbing up in kilometers, 296,000, and I want to put a new motor in. My question is, what engine (s) will fit, 3.0 or not.

Will another contour, not SVT engine work? Please help.
Thanks,
Keith

well let me play devil's advocate if i may:). any 3l duratec will work. a 2.5 contour block will work too. except, if you're gonna swap your motor, you might as well go with more power. the 3L block that is.

Stupid Question

Stupid Question

Ok, stupid question but I dont know anything about mechanics. Does it matter if the car was an automatic, and is 300.00 for a 3.0 with 165,000 km a good price?

Thanks,
Keith

HELP, 3.0L Question

HELP, 3.0L Question

Hey, another question for ya.

I talked to the guys Im getting the 3.0L from. The only problem he said was wrong with the Taurus its beeing pulled out of is this. There is a problem with the power steering, aparently there is a whole or something in the lines as well as there is rusting on the rack? Not sure what all this means but does it sound like a no go, or is this not an issue. Thanks. Theres only 90,000 km on this for 500.00.

Keith

who cares about the power steering, your using the engine not the power steering out of the taurus .... and you retain your stock p/s pump ....

please start reading the 3L forum

Doesn't matter at all about the powersteering lines or the rack. Those don't go into a Contour so you are fine.

Reebs

EDIT: Brapple beat me to it, but he was a little more harsh. :cool:

Thanks guys,

Tons of help, anyone wanna swap it for me? Theres money and beer in it for ya, Im willing to drive just about anywhere to get this done.

Dont worry about being harsh, I can take it.
Cheers,
Keith

Back