• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This is what I'm workin with.....

No, no, thank you all for making me a f'n trading post! SLVRFRST is here with his svt right now too........ two meets in two weeks, crazy :D

Will he be there all afternoon? We should get there just before 1. I'm running on 4 hrs sleep....don't party till 2 when you have to work at 6 the next morning. :shrug:

haha - love it, see ya at 1ish. Yes, danny will be here until then for sure. - JOE

So I finally got myself out to the garage to work on a few things. Fender went on easy and seems to be fairly close in color. I'm just going to get the whole car repainted, if I can come up with some extra money, and find a shop that won't charge me an arm and a leg. :shrug: The mirror I got is actualy slightly different from my stock one so that's why I'm rockin the other mirror still. Now the door sticks out like a sore thumb..:(...time to find a door too I guess.

You can tell it's slightly darker......but it's much better than before! I'll take some day shots tomorrow.

2vvj9y1.jpg

2ai29dv.jpg

2a517de.jpg

And here's the mirror differences I was talking about. The one I got is slightly larger and the backing triangle is different too.

Stock mirror w/stock triangle:
2ufsrw2.jpg

Mirror I got w/stock triangle. Notice that the mirror is slightly larger and doesn't but up to the stock triangle completely:
t4ty1k.jpg

Back of stock triangle:
2vw9shc.jpg

Back of other mirror I got:
eqtkqw.jpg

And finally the actual mirror shapes.
2uppndi.jpg

neg86r.jpg

Who knew that there were different mirror sizes/shapes......I thought there was either power, non-power, heated, and non heated.....oh well. At least the fender fit A-ok!

is there an OEM number or something on the back of the red base you can relay? Like I said I have a set of dk green mirrors here -- they should fit correctly though as I was rocking them when I sent my bases off my car to Topshop.

they were my loaners... wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

That's my bad Dave! I knew there was a difference, but i never realized you had a 98. :blackeye:

I'll give you some cash back if you want to return it.

Hahaha silly newbs not knowing the mirrors changed slightly. You just have to keep same bases with mirrors and they bolt up fine.

That's my bad Dave! I knew there was a difference, but i never realized you had a 98. :blackeye:

I'll give you some cash back if you want to return it.

That's ok, I'll just add it to my collection of parts laying around in the garage. You can just buy me a beer and we'll call it even. :cool:

Back