• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Facebook

Facebook is old hat. I've been on since early 2004 (few months after it was made). Many of my friends are now on Twitter and have been encouraging me to join.

I'll admit, I am too old for facebook. It's overwhelming. Having CEG down probably didn't help. I got bombarded over the past couple days.
At least I shut down a bunch of the email notifications. gg!

I'll admit, I am too old for facebook. It's overwhelming.
It is nowadays. I still refuse to install any Apps. You would have liked it when it first came out - there was no News Feed, Pictures, Apps, or any of the crazy stuff. Just a nice simple page detailing who you were, your profile pic, and who your friends were. I stopped using it heavily when it turned into Myspace v2.0.

It is nowadays. I still refuse to install any Apps. You would have liked it when it first came out - there was no News Feed, Pictures, Apps, or any of the crazy stuff. Just a nice simple page detailing who you were, your profile pic, and who your friends were. I stopped using it heavily when it turned into Myspace v2.0.

I agree. Everytime I log into Facebook, it's worse. So each day I log into Facebook, that's probably the worst day of my Facebook experience..... :laugh:

I refuse to install Apps as well. Every person that accepts an App, and promotes them, just makes it worse and worse for everyone else. My computer chokes up sometimes using Facebook because of some ridiculous pages.

I think you have to understand technology and be partially OCD to understand how frustrating it is. Anyone you talk to in the IT field thinks Facebook is one of the worst designs ever.

But anywho........CEG being down actually got me on Facebook to reply to people for once, add pictures and actually appear that I'm alive to everyone I know. :laugh:

I think you have to understand technology and be partially OCD to understand how frustrating it is. Anyone you talk to in the IT field thinks Facebook is one of the worst designs ever.

Actually, I don't think it's all that bad. The default interface is simple, and it's got what its customer base asked for - updates on their friends' status, etc. It's a LOT better than what MySpace has to offer now, with crap EVERYwhere. No real customization option cuts down on visual atrocities, too. It also reduced load time and risk for infection.

Could it be better? Sure. Is it the worst thing ever? Not by far.

Actually, I don't think it's all that bad. The default interface is simple, and it's got what its customer base asked for - updates on their friends' status, etc. It's a LOT better than what MySpace has to offer now, with crap EVERYwhere. No real customization option cuts down on visual atrocities, too. It also reduced load time and risk for infection.

Could it be better? Sure. Is it the worst thing ever? Not by far.

Yeah, but how many people keep the profile setup in the default design? Every time they add an App, the profile just keeps growing and growing. I'll admit, I loved it when I first signed up. It was a very simple design, easy to navigate, while now it's just as out of control as Myspace.

LauraSVT's real name is Jared.
The funny lies in that he loves the 80's and jokes about having merely a typewriter at home rather than a computer.
We like to tease him about new technology.

Back