• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Facebook

Yeah, but how many people keep the profile setup in the default design? Every time they add an App, the profile just keeps growing and growing. I'll admit, I loved it when I first signed up. It was a very simple design, easy to navigate, while now it's just as out of control as Myspace.

Yeah, but that's the users' problem more than a design problem.

I'm pretty streamlined, despite having a couple dozen apps sitting in my pool.

Yeah, but that's the users' problem more than a design problem.

I'm pretty streamlined, despite having a couple dozen apps sitting in my pool.

But Facebook allows it, so I blame them. :laugh:

I think I might have Super Poke installed on mine and that's about it. My friends get pissed because I won't install the Apps they send. :p

I avoid those stupid apps as much as possible. Whenever I get them i just ignore them. I think you get an option to ignore all apps from people if they keep sending them to you.

All i want to do on facebook is write on walls, update my status with obscure song lyrics that only the most awesome people will get, number close via pm, and post stupid pictures. I don't need to blog about 25 things about me or any other asinine lists that people are really into answering for some god awful reason.

^That's exactly what it's meant to mean.

But the "25 things" resembles a chain letter. The very first paragraph says that once you are tagged, you're supposed to create a list of your own and forward it to 25 people (one of the 25 being the person who tagged you in their note).

So it's one of those useless time wasting web sites? :help:

i suppose you could call it that. its good for networking or finding old friends from hs. and you can keep tabs on what they are all doing if they make updates etc.

a good many of us went there when CEG was down the other week.

Useless it is not. Time-wasting is pertinent only if you allow it to be.

I can connect with friends and maintain old relationships that are not easy to keep up by phone call. It allows me to quickly look up contact information that I don't have recorded myself. There are several high-school acquaintences that I didn't know had kids till I saw their photos. Rarely these days do I actively seek out friends; mostly it is requests that come to me.

This is why I'm a little annoyed when they added all those apps, etc. But at least they haven't removed its original purpose.

Back