• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

factory shoot

What really sucks about my car is I can't show off the paint without the brilliance of every rock chip and scratch from 13 years of Buffalo Winter. HDR captures everything, and that limits my shots very much.

hahahaaaaaaaa, thanks guys.

bill, i shot blu fuz's car and i think the only way to shoot are dark colored car is in the daylight. where is that one of yours outside? that is killer. joes car at night just gets lost. what do you think?

hahahaaaaaaaa, thanks guys.

bill, i shot blu fuz's car and i think the only way to shoot are dark colored car is in the daylight.

i've seen a few pics of black HDR cars, day shots, and they look amazing, but i agree that i couldn't see a black car at night turning out to be anything spectacular.

i'll try and post a couple hdr black car pics when i find some. all the ones i seem to find now are like overworked and don't even look that good to me. but for the most part an HDR daytime black car seems to come out almost looking chrome.

Last edited:
ok ok, last two i promise. thanks for the kind words.
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Yes, because you know, being a photographer myself grants me no credit to creative license. 10-15 degrees is subtle. Anything more and it looks bad, yes. Continue thread..

You know what I say Bill... F em. ;) Real photog's understand.

I've only taken two classes and can't recall either one mentioning to tilt the camera. You can have a creative license I guess, but the artistry, IMO, is apparently in the eye of the beholder.

Someday you can school me, and show an angled pic that looks good...I've yet to see one. But...I'm just one person with one opinion. Others may like. :shrug:

In looking again, I like M!key's pics the way they are. Standard gridlines, focal points in the corners. Guess I'm old school...

I've only taken two classes and can't recall either one mentioning to tilt the camera. You can have a creative license I guess, but the artistry, IMO, is apparently in the eye of the beholder.

Someday you can school me, and show an angled pic that looks good...I've yet to see one. But...I'm just one person with one opinion. Others may like. :shrug:

In looking again, I like M!key's pics the way they are. Standard gridlines, focal points in the corners. Guess I'm old school...

Mikes pics do look fine, man. :laugh:
I guess I came off a bit abrasive. As long as the car doesn't look like it's falling off the Earth, a little tilt doesn't hurt sometimes. :)

What really sucks about my car is I can't show off the paint without the brilliance of every rock chip and scratch from 13 years of Buffalo Winter. HDR captures everything, and that limits my shots very much.

word, preschooler!

Back