• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Volvo C30 *holy hot!*

How on earth are you supposed to get anything in the back of that thing? The bottom of the hatch door is 4 feet off the ground. Good luck getting a box with a 32" TV in that hatch. I can put a damn diswasher in my Focus. Put a real hatch on it, fix the giant red pieces of plastic on the ass, and I'll take another look... Oh wait, that would make it a MK2 Focus, I forgot, we don't get that car.

Volvo C30 to start at $23,395

Mark Rechtin |
Automotive News | 8:28 am, April 4, 2007
Volvo Cars of North America will price the C30 hatchback starting at $23,395, including $695 in destination charges, when it goes on sale in October.
The base model will be powered by a 227 hp turbocharged inline-five engine. Standard features include 17-inch wheels, chrome exhaust tips, power windows, remote locking, 160-watt stereo and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter.
An upgraded model, which starts at $26,395, features 18-inch alloy wheels, a larger roof spoiler, 650-watt stereo system with 10 speakers and a sport body kit. In an attempt to embrace mass customization, Volvo will offer the C30 in 17 exterior colors and 12 interior color combinations. The C30 is based on the S40 platform, but is 8.5 inches shorter and weighs 320 pounds less.

-----------------------

GTI what? :drool:

I didn't realize this was an old post and almost quoted what I said earlier for a new post. Me = dumbass.

I almost waited for this car.

way to stir up an old post!

Fo real.

While I was here, I visited the web site & tricked out my Volvo. $29,530 was the final tally. It's a cute car & has potential but I wonder why the old specs went from a 300hp turbo to 227, and now 219hp turbo...??

I was also disappointed to find out the car will be FWD, but that was from an older spec page that also gave the car 300 hp. Maybe our market will get a RWD version?? Wishful thinking probably.

it's a small car. 300hp in that thing would make it a beast...but you can't have the cheapest car of the bunch being able to romp on the big boys (s60r, v70r - even though this is the last year of them - though the s80 only has 300hp too)

way to stir up an old post!

Hey dumbass it's forum etiquette. Did you just discover the interweb last week? :rolleyes: I started it and posted new info as it came along. It also showed that it's prices in reason despite others guesses.

Ugh on that front bumper. Paint it something other than yellow and keep the stock bumper and you have a winner.

Decent asking price, and if they offer delivery in Sweden like they do with most of the other ones, it should be VERY hittable.

I was playing around with the configurator for the Euro-spec model, and it looks like at least in some markets, you can select body color or contrasting color for the cladding. I think that we're starting to see the design elements from the Veyron trickle down into other Euros...like the blades on the new Audi sportscar and this option on the C30.

Also, power-wise, this is just the same T5 powerplant that the S40 has, so anything you've seen done to the S40 should apply to the C30 too. It's already more powerful than the GTI, and you can be sure that was their target.

I'd love to see an XC30 with AWD and a little more ground clearance, not to mention a C30R to go up against the new R32.

Back