• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ and Cougarfest together?

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
Given the declining number of attendees as years go by, I was approached about combining our SZ with NECO's Cougarfest for a CDW-27 gathering as a whole. Thoughts?

Yes, yes, and YES. I like the time of year (even though it's my babies b-day), the group, the location, etc.....

I'm all for it 100%. I haven't read through the CF proposals just yet, but if any include a full size race track I'll bring the track car. Otherwise I guess the Roush will do.

for a bit more info, cougarfest is going to be in portage indiana. it will be july 11-14. weve got a road rally on friday, autox and car show on sat. gingerman is an hours drive, and there is a drag strip within an hour if those are things that you need to do. hotel info should be up later this week

all the rest of the info is here

we had a few ceg'ers come to fest last year, and ive been to a SZ

Sign me up and how can WE make this happen?

i just sent an email to the lady that does groups at the hotel, im the solo chair for the local acca region (and by then ill be the Regional Executive) ive been planning the rally for quite some time, just need to know it we want to end at karts/mini golf/arcade/bowling center or a restaurant.

the only thing that i wouldnt have time to do is if you want to do a track day at gingerman. i can help with contacts through my two scca regions, but wouldnt have time to do it

Do it. Post about it on NECO, here, and any Facebook pages the two clubs use. I would go.

I could help with setting up Gingerman and such but i can't do it all alone, let alone pay for any fees or no shows, HELL NO.

Thankfully for being so close i can just drive there every day for it, no need to stay around. LOL

Also, i'd skip a restaurant and do a karts or something fun where ALL attendees and their people are around to make it more fun...JUST my opinion.

granted they arent super fast karts, but they have 4 wheels and a motor so we can make them intense

As I said on NECO, this is a great idea. Plan A for me is having my Cougar running, but there's also a Plan B in the works that would work for a combined event. With both of our groups having declining membership and enthusiasts, coming together as one would be a huge shot in the arm energy wise I think.

Back