• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New wheel pics

biminiLX

Hard-core CEG'er
Finally got a chance to do a good wash on the car and snap some pics of the new wheels. These are SSR GT1 Integrals that are discontinued, SVTContourSVT (Stu) had these on his super low-mile car before I bought them. The factory E1 centercaps fit amazingly well and they have 215/45/17 Bridgestones and weighed 40#, about 2.5# less than my winter SVTF wheels and 205/50/17 snow tires. Enough babbling, here are the pics:

DSCN0790.jpg

DSCN0793.jpg

DSCN0794.jpg

DSCN0795.jpg

DSCN0796.jpg

DSCN0798.jpg

DSCN0791.jpg

I love the hypercoat silver look on the wheels, very classy.
-J

Looks really good! I hate to nitpick, but I think it might look a *bit* better with at least a 50 sidewall, but I suppose that's getting a bit picky :crazy: :laugh:

I agree, either a 225/45/17 or a 215/50/17 would be my choice especially with the factory ride height (I did cut a 1/4-1/3 coil off the front to level the wheel gap).
I have a set of H&Rs to install probably next spring with the front 13" Cobra brakes and NPG rear kit.
-J

They look great on your car. I love how it's a big looking 17" rim compared to others that look like there 16". With a drop it will be amazing. Car is looking great J!

Stu, that is my thought too.
I think how the spokes extend to the lip and the lip is raised the whole way around make it look bigger.
Thanks again dude.
-J

very nice wheels. i had similar knockoffs, and i got mine after seeing pascals car with the original ACE Spades.

they really look better in 18" though (check sig) :laugh:

TGO, the car I bought off you had the split six wheel. God they looked awesome on the silver frost. :drool:

Ginormous picture time!

P6100001.jpg

TGO, the car I bought off you had the split six wheel. God they looked awesome on the silver frost. :drool:

Ginormous picture time!

yeah i know that's why i said similar.

once ace discontinued the wheel the knockoffs came out...but even then they were hard to find cause whoever was making them at the time didn't make them for long. as you noticed, i had to replace one and it was a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: to find and it wasn't even the same brand.

SSR's were arguably better cause they were lighter but they weren't 6 spoke. much more expensive too lol

Those are sweet, but I like mine better :laugh:
SSR's were arguably better cause they were lighter but they weren't 6 spoke. much more expensive too lol
Yeah no kidding, I have the original TireRack receipt and they were like $335 each :shocked:
-J

Yep they were real SSR's. I can dig up some other pics if you want. The rims were bought by another CEG'er when I sold that car and in the process of getting shipped over to him were seriously damaged by fedex (long story but lets just say that one rim got lost in some depot and another arrived with the packaging material completely off of it and looking like it had been dragged behind the truck), so he was just going to use them for the track.

Back