• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New splitter going under the knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

svtkev

CEG'er
I ordered a splitter a while back ,and tonight my buddy who works with fiberglass and carbon fiber stopped by to see it on the car and really didnt like the way it fit on the car. Mostly around the foglight opening area and the unfinished edge on the side of the bumper. He also had some pretty good ideas for mounting the splitter that didnt leave exposed dzus fasteners So basically the car and splitter are going to his shop and getting reworked and from what he says it will look like a molded unit when it is finished. Im kind of nervous because of how much ive spent on it,but if it turns out the way he described it will be much better. He also mentioned maybe making a mold of the finished product and making a few to sell(for a lot less than they are now). The car is going there on saturday march 29th, i will be helping him with it and i will get some pix

I ordered a splitter a while back ,and tonight my buddy who works with fiberglass and carbon fiber stopped by to see it on the car and really didnt like the way it fit on the car. Mostly around the foglight opening area and the unfinished edge on the side of the bumper. He also had some pretty good ideas for mounting the splitter that didnt leave exposed dzus fasteners So basically the car and splitter are going to his shop and getting reworked and from what he says it will look like a molded unit when it is finished. Im kind of nervous because of how much ive spent on it,but if it turns out the way he described it will be much better. He also mentioned maybe making a mold of the finished product and making a few to sell(for a lot less than they are now). The car is going there on saturday march 29th, i will be helping him with it and i will get some pix

Stealing someones hard work and turning around and re-selling it for less is always cool.... :rolleyes:

oh jesus...here we go again.

And we'll go there every :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing time someone tries to profit off of someone elses hard work. Want to produce you're own splitter for less money? Be a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing man and do the hard part yourself. :shrug:. But I suppose the world needs thieves, helps keep the families of police officers in clothes.

And we'll go there every :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing time someone tries to profit off of someone elses hard work. Want to produce you're own splitter for less money? Be a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing man and do the hard part yourself. :shrug:. But I suppose the world needs thieves, helps keep the families of police officers in clothes.

There's a little good in everything. :)

damn , now im a thief? I guess Pudmunkie wouldnt be in for one :shrug:

I didn't call you a thief, you aren't going to be making profit on Albert Mirko's design are you?

and no, I wouldn't want one... I won't support it. I know I'd be pissed enough to annihilate someones uterus with my fist if they stole my exact airbox design and re-sold it....

Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living?

Honestly, i think that if there is considerable differences between the modified ones mold and the Mirko i see no problem with the guy selling them. its not uncommon for some one to take an idea, modify it (either making it better or changing the design) and selling it. :shrug:

However if its just another mold of the Mirko without any significant changes then i do see a problem with that.

Honestly, i think that if there is considerable differences between the modified ones mold and the Mirko i see no problem with the guy selling them. its not uncommon for some one to take an idea, modify it (either making it better or changing the design) and selling it. :shrug:

However if its just another mold of the Mirko without any significant changes then i do see a problem with that.

the side wrap-around would be redesigned somewhat and the foglight area improved , and just poor fitment improved overall, anyway it may never happen it was just mentioned

So he takes an entire mirko, adds material to the fog light area as well as changing how the splitter is mounted.... and its significantly changed to the point of being able to call it a new design?

Talented with the glass? make a new one with a new design! start from scratch.

So he takes an entire mirko, adds material to the fog light area as well as changing how the splitter is mounted.... and its significantly changed to the point of being able to call it a new design?

maybe ill challenge him with that idea

Where did i say that those simple changes was enough to call it his own? :shrug: read what i said again. if those 2 small changes are all thats done then i dont think that would be enough but if he just used the mirko as a base and modified a good chunk of the design then made his mold off that i dont have a problem with that.

i may have never produced something from scratch, but i understand where you are coming from, i didnt realize it was such a sensitive issue with people here, he was just talking about offering an improved version of whats available

if he was that proud of it and not to mention worried about someone copying it,he'd get a US patent. and how are you going to make a comment about someone's understanding based off of their profesion??!!!
thats the most ignorant thing i've seen you type on this board yet:nonono:

Editing it out because I'm a mod and I have to behave....

kind of irrelevant i thought too

Not really, its a different animal to take something up from scratch. I only assumed you wouldn't know because working in a yard doesn't offer you the chance to manufacture parts... Does it?

Last edited:
Editing it out because I'm a mod and I have to behave....

Not really, its a different animal to take something up from scratch. I only assumed you wouldn't know because working in a yard doesn't offer you the chance to manufacture parts... Does it?
No i dont produce parts as a profession. Is producing parts your profession?
Just because i choose not to doesnt mean i dont have the skills or the means to produce things

guys, i think this thread has run its course the arguing back and fourth is going no where. unless something changes real soon im gonna lock this down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back