• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interior...

cnewton44

Hard-core CEG'er
:shrug: :shrug:
interior1.jpg

Never been shampooed that I know of. Just pulled the seats out and vacccumed it today.

So I found this connector, and I have no idea what its for. Under the dash on the passenger side just hangin there and no sight of anything to plug into it. Anybody know? Thanks for the help:cool:

interior2.jpg

Interior looks nice :drool: I'll let you do mine at the meet ;) Actually that's the one thing I don't think I'll get around to doing before the meet (probably the week after though) I'll vacuum it and what not but the rug doctor can wait another week. I'm not sure what that plug is for though. My guess is its for an auto tranny or somethin of the like.

Edit: your lucky you didn't have to scrub :laugh: mine isn't terrible but the PO drove on gravel roads a lot and apparently with the windows down because ever since I've got the thing I've been cleaning dust out of it.

Last edited:
Thanks...Id do it but ya gotta pay:laugh: ... Ive been thinking of starting my own detailing shop. Always thought that would be fun.

As for my interior.... There are advantages to buying a car that an old woman bought brand new..:shrug: :cool:

Do you have keyless entry ? Just looked under there on the Mystique (w/ keyless entry) and found the same connector. Also looked for it on the Contour (w/NO keyless entry), no connector.

Yeah I have keyless. My car is an LS so it came with it. I just couldnt figure it out cause I knew about the connector being there on cars that have keyless, but I thought there would be somthing plugged into it.:shrug:

Yeah I have keyless. My car is an LS so it came with it. I just couldnt figure it out cause I knew about the connector being there on cars that have keyless, but I thought there would be something plugged into it.:shrug:

Oh wait now I think I'm remembering something... That's the harness you use to program a new key fob. That previous post reminded me. If you put a paper clip in there the horn will toot and you'll enter "programming" mode. There's a HOWTO on the main page I believe.

Hmm ill check it out. One of my friends parents have a 99 SE and they dont have remotes so I might give them my extra one. I have to see if it came with keyless though.

Back