• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minnesota Meet Poll

Minnesota Meet Poll

• Twin Cities

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Duluth

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mid to late August

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other: Suggest a date people!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Huh, I heard that was a fairly good full synthetic wax. I use Mequires Gold Class as well and it works fairly good. I actually just get one or two of mequires "holiday" packs from target every year after they go on 75% clearance. You get the car wash, wax, scratch x, leather cleaner, dash foam, tire cleaner and a cooler thing all for like $7-10. LOL. Just have to wait.

Hehe - thats one thing I wont be doing - cleaning up rotors for painting.. I'll get around to it eventually - not this week though.

Daily weather update for sat

Chance Of T-Storm
Hi: 75°
Lo: 48°
POP: 20% Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows 45 to 50. Highs 72 to 77.

Only a 20% chance so far, so good.

Ugh - there is no more skin on my nuckels from scrubbing. The PO should be shot - I found 16 Bud Light bottle caps under the little riser the center sonsole mounts to in the rear and a few more under thr carpet in between there... Doors are all washed and I've just gota tackle cleaning the seats, dashes, and glass this week - Friday night will be a pressure wash, rubbing compound followed up with some poloshing compound and wax. Ugh - the end result is awesome - but getting there sucks..
interior1.jpg

Just a good vaccuming for me.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

interior1.jpg

Just a good vaccuming for me.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I didnt take any pix - and I kick myself for it, but it needed it - talk about coffe, pop, and grease stains pouring out under the center console - like it leaked through the copholders and drained down the side of the tunnel...

Isshhh. I dont think I would wanna see what it looked like anyways. :laugh:
I will finish the interior cleaning sometime this week. Ive got alot of dusty dirt from drivin on a couple dirt roads. Inside's of my doors look like ish too. I hate that. Ive been thinkin of takin the doors off individually to clean the jams.

Edit: Only dumb thing about takin the counsel out was I had to break the clips for the e-brake boot. Ill have to remelt them together or somethin.

Isshhh. I dont think I would wanna see what it looked like anyways. :laugh:
I will finish the interior cleaning sometime this week. Ive got alot of dusty dirt from drivin on a couple dirt roads. Inside's of my doors look like ish too. I hate that. Ive been thinkin of takin the doors off individually to clean the jams.

Edit: Only dumb thing about takin the counsel out was I had to break the clips for the e-brake boot. Ill have to remelt them together or somethin.

Those stupid clips break all the time. I've broken mine and remelted them like 5 times :laugh:

Same weather report as before

Chance Of T-Storm
Hi: 75°
POP: 20%

Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 72 to 77.

Yeah thats probably about 35-40 minutes for me but it gets us away from the city. What do they have in North Branch where we could meet up in a parking lot? We should probably meet up there around 11:30 and allow us an hour and a half to get to Duluth. So who for sure wants to caravan from the cities (more specifically North Branch)?

1. Redlineracer12
2. KyleQ
3. TRicker?
4. IceFury?
5. CSVT#49

I suppose I could go on a road trip. Although it all depends on whether the parts come in for my folks 02 Taurus. Their rear bank valve cover is leaking oil into the plug wells and causing the car to buck. I had to drive it while I replaced the rack on my car two weeks ago and it drove me nuts. Also the p/s pump is leaking and the oil pan gasket is leaking a bit. So I have my work cut out for me.

I suppose I could go on a road trip. Although it all depends on whether the parts come in for my folks 02 Taurus. Their rear bank valve cover is leaking oil into the plug wells and causing the car to buck. I had to drive it while I replaced the rack on my car two weeks ago and it drove me nuts. Also the p/s pump is leaking and the oil pan gasket is leaking a bit. So I have my work cut out for me.

Well that's not an EGR problem :laugh: So is it just the plug grommets in the valve cover you thinK? PS pump's aren't that bad either. Oil pan gasket I'm not sure about, can you get the pan out without taking the y-pipe off? Either way Steve should be able to hook you up with all of those rather quickly if you're going through him ;)

Hopefully you and TRicker make it so we have more than 4 of us there LOL

Edit: Should I toss a link up on the Minnesota NECO forum to see if there's any interest in a few Cougars meeting up with us? Or even foci?

Meh - I really dont care for the Cougars - lets make this a CSVT meet - Foci and Cougars will just insue more "competitions" then there already will be :laugh:

Hopefully Tricker and CSVT #49 can make it out - they made the last MoA meet...

Meh - I really dont care for the Cougars - lets make this a CSVT meet - Foci and Cougars will just insue more "competitions" then there already will be :laugh:

Hopefully Tricker and CSVT #49 can make it out - they made the last MoA meet...

Yeah, we don't want to hurt their feeling any more since we are the coolest.

Back