• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Xcal and PRP GB *interest check*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a big waste of time, getting some garbage mail tune from someone who doesnt really do contours. Datalogging, emailing, downloading, uploading, datalogging, emailing, downloading, uploading.

I disagree, I have the Xcal 2 with a tune from Nautilus and it's spot on, I'm pretty sure it makes more power than anyone's NA 2.5 street motor out there ;). Have a chip in the Cougar too also tuned by them.

Back on topic though, this is an interest check :) This is a great flexibility (and deal) for people looking into F/I where extensive tuning can be very beneficial.

I disagree, I have the Xcal 2 with a tune from Nautilus and it's spot on, I'm pretty sure it makes more power than anyone's NA 2.5 street motor out there ;). Have a chip in the Cougar too also tuned by them.

Back on topic though, this is an interest check :) This is a great flexibility (and deal) for people looking into F/I where extensive tuning can be very beneficial.

Excellent! Your gold medal is on the way. 3-5 days by USPS ground. You seem to have missed the point. Tom can do a damn fine tune, top of the line. But he can't take every variable into account for everyones car, they're all different. I bet if he tuned your car in person you'd make more power, which is the idea of the PRP..... Sooooo...... :shrug:

Excellent! Your gold medal is on the way. 3-5 days by USPS ground. You seem to have missed the point. Tom can do a damn fine tune, top of the line. But he can't take every variable into account for everyones car, they're all different. I bet if he tuned your car in person you'd make more power, which is the idea of the PRP..... Sooooo...... :shrug:

Sweet, I don't even have to cover the shipping? :laugh: I am pretty sure I agreed with you on the point of a PRP :shrug:

its a good learning experience for those wanting to know more.
That is very true, I 100% agree with you. However, the cost of your engine is what you gambling with.
I had a DFI system and now will have a FAST XFI on my Mustang and you do gain alot of knowledge, but I put up the cash for professional tuning to not risk a $10,000 engine.
-J

And thats why you wont be purchasing a PRP. Some of us however require the versatility of the full package.... So, stop trying to convince everyone they don't need it.:shrug:
Listen, you're right that I won't be buying one, but I wasn't trying to piss on the GP, just present the argument that 99% of people here will not need or be capable of utilizing the PRP when a pro-tuned Xcal2/3 will better serve them.
I've been around the block with modifying Mustangs and guarantee I've made more power than you, so don't just dismiss my statements, I was trying to help those that may not know about what the PRP will get them.
It is an awesome tool, but needs to be used competently.
-J

I disagree, I have the Xcal 2 with a tune from Nautilus and it's spot on, I'm pretty sure it makes more power than anyone's NA 2.5 street motor out there ;).
Exactly my point.
Even if its not spot on, you can get it close pretty easily. Take the custom tune you get (which will take into account your specific car) to a dyno to datalog and then datalog some on the street and have your tuner optimize the tune for YOUR car. Much cheaper and will get you where you need to be in my book.
***Also, to use the PRP, you need a wideband O2---something you would not have to buy and just use at the dyno shop otherwise.
-J

ok ill ask again.

can i tune more then one car with the combined Xcal3+PrP??

I'm no expert, but as far as I know you cannot tune more than one car with a single Xcal (at least with the XCal 2). When you're using a custom tune, it stores the stock tune on your XCal. It pretty much locks it so you are forced to go back to the stock tune before uploading another custom tune. I think it's mainly so people don't meet up with one Xcal and tune twenty cars at a time.

so I have a question then, if you have two xcal2's can one use PRP with both of them or is everything on a one to one basis?

Well I'm going to start an "official" group buy for this since the prices are locked in. Since we only need 1 person to get the $679 deal (me) I'm just going to move forward. If we get more then 9 people, great then I save an extra $29. Anyway... see the other post to put your name in on it. However if you want to discuss it more please keep it in this thread. Thank you.

what about a prp/burner and chip?? i personally prefer a multi position flip chip over the xcal,just for quickness and ease of changing tunes on the fly:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back