• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My boost build thread

the guy doing the tuning left this morning to go race and wont be back till sunday. the only open spot he has for the dyno is on thursday, which works out cause thats the only night i have off next week, so i can see it on the dyno. probably drop it off sun or mon night so he can data log and what not.

joe its more like taura-trib-escape-coug-tour-stang

haha - so wrong, but so true :laugh:. You need to change your sig......

Tauribescougtourang

it was a rough weekend of working on the car. had to reroute the modified coolant crossover pipe because it had a bubble in it that wasnt going away. so after i got it rerouted better there was a small leak, got that fixed and then one came up in another spot. grrrrr. so i got that one fixed as well the belt was riding on the edge of the vortec idler pulley, so i put 2 washers in between the mounting plate and the spacers, now the belt is right in the middle of the pulley. i did get some miles on it today. i had forgotten how twitchy the car is to drive, and how much of a head turner it is on the hwy. going to drop it off at the tuner tomorrow

car goes on the dyno tomorrow. the tuner has been very impressed with the car untuned. he usually does mustangs so he is looking forward to what it will make

numbers before were 198 tg/ 190 hp on a dynapack set up (bolts right to the hubs). i honestly have no idea what its going to make, other than a lot

numbers before were 198 tg/ 190 hp on a dynapack set up (bolts right to the hubs). i honestly have no idea what its going to make, other than a lot

figure its a 7lb pulley but your running a 3L. i will just assume your getting 7lbs of boost out of it by the time you hit redline.

10 HP per lb of boost (or so)

so 198+70

your not likely going to break 300 until you hit about 10 lbs of boost or so.

the dynapack that it was dyno'd on before had a tendency to read on the low side compared to the dynojet that itll be on now

Tricker is probably pretty close so 270whp or higher should be your goal. It could depend on what other mods you have though as I'm not exactly sure what you have and I think your Cougar DB is way out of date. You don't have an intercooler right?

the dynapack that it was dyno'd on before had a tendency to read on the low side compared to the dynojet that itll be on now

my guess is with the stock vortech pulley at 7lbs redline your gonna peak 279 whp and 248 trq dynojet numbers.

:D good luck jaged

stock pulley, msds vortec headers, pnp 65 mm tb, 04 uim, high flow cat, cai, alt underdrive pulley pro flow maf, egr eliminated

the next hour of work is going to suck

the numbers are, something was causing it to not get enough fuel when put under load at higher rpm. so i need to fix my frankenstein of a fuel rail. getting a 3l fuel rail and making a fuel rail mod this weekend.

but at about 3k rpm it had already made 230 ft/lbs

he did the whole rpm step up and had the air fuel at 14.6 across the board. when he went to do a pull on it the AF went funny and pegged the meter at 18. after that it idled at 14.6 and then slowly went up

so i need a 3L fuel rail asap. first event is next weekend

Back