• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My boost build thread

Who is going to be tuning it this time around, did you say Brenspeed? Couldn't they just reflash your chip for ya?

got the line fixed today. ordered some colder plugs

i dont have any way of loading a tune. all my tuning has been on a dyno

then you need to tow the car over to the dyno. you shouldn't be running it with that much larger fuel injectors without a tune. When I checked my fuel trims with 42# injectors on the stock tune it was completely pegged trying to remove fuel ....

going to call brenspeed today, its only and hour and half from me down the HWY and its not a big deal to trailer it there. I think Logans closed up for the winter cause they were really slow.

what should the colder plugs be gapped at?

installed the oil temp gauge today, getting antsy to drive the car, just waiting to hear back from the dyno shop to get a time

i know that this would have been a million times easier to do with the motor out, but what wire do i need to tap into to set up a switch to let the fan run after the motor is shut down

installed the oil temp gauge today, getting antsy to drive the car, just waiting to hear back from the dyno shop to get a time

i know that this would have been a million times easier to do with the motor out, but what wire do i need to tap into to set up a switch to let the fan run after the motor is shut down

get a turbo timer :shrug: I don't see a reason to let the fan run without the coolant circulating to cool.

in the little bit of up and down the road i did with the car so far i noticed the speedo isnt working. the car originally was a atx and ive been running a atx harness and ecu . now with the mtx harness it didnt read the speedo. do i need to get a mtx ecu, or is there something in the tuning that i can fiddle with to get it to work?

im looking at an xcal, and if the vehicle was returned to stock the tunes will be on the tuner, can i override those tunes or is it locked into that vehicle? or can new tunes be put on there

Do the miles roll on the odometer? The car won't run long with the cluster not working properly. I can't remember if the speedo or the odometer is unhooked the car will just die when driving it after a handful of miles..... I looked around for some harness's/ecu/keys for you but I didn't find anything. Good luck with your search. - JOE

Do the miles roll on the odometer? The car won't run long with the cluster not working properly. I can't remember if the speedo or the odometer is unhooked the car will just die when driving it after a handful of miles..... I looked around for some harness's/ecu/keys for you but I didn't find anything. Good luck with your search. - JOE

if the part of the dash with the charge indicator light isn't working the alternator will not charge the battery.

my grey coug that i got the mtx swap for from you joe still doesnt have an odometer/speedometer and its been almost 2k miles since the swap

im looking at an xcal, and if the vehicle was returned to stock the tunes will be on the tuner, can i override those tunes or is it locked into that vehicle? or can new tunes be put on there

If the car that the XCAL was used on, is returned to stock, then it should be unlocked.

Best way to think about the xcal is such.

It has 4 'slots' for tunes. 1 is for stock only, and this 'slot' will preserve the stock settings while any other tune is loaded onto the car.

The other 3 can be overwritten with SCT software and subsequently loaded to the car at will. All while the stock tune is safe in its own slot. The xcal allows some user adustment with the handheld device alone, but most major chages have to be done with dealer software or the pro racer package.

The xcal is locked to an individual vehicle, even if it is returned to stock. If it is returned to stock, the xcal can be 'unlocked' and sold. SCT charges for an unlocking and each xcal can be unlocked 3 times. That number is what i have read, not sure.

thanks for that info, the one that i found the guy sold out from under me. he only took certified checks or money orders, he didnt even have paypal, on the search again

waiting on an ecu to show up. going to talk to the dyno shop today. in the mean time got some slicks mounted. dont think im going to be able to run the 245/45 in the front with out some massive rolling or cutting

IMG_6919.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6921.jpg

IMG_6922.jpg

Pretty sure people told you that... lol

Also what kind of wilwood kit is that? They look super tiny.

Back