• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My boost build thread

my xcal finally showed up late tonight. went over and got the tune loaded on it, flashed the car and got it over to the tuner. found out my bank 1 02 sensor was shot.

on the way over the speedo still didnt work and the gas gauge didnt work. i can check the fuel pump to see if the float is stuck. im not sure why the speedo isnt working though. tach works fine and the water temp gauge works fine

my xcal finally showed up late tonight. went over and got the tune loaded on it, flashed the car and got it over to the tuner. found out my bank 1 02 sensor was shot.

on the way over the speedo still didnt work and the gas gauge didnt work. i can check the fuel pump to see if the float is stuck. im not sure why the speedo isnt working though. tach works fine and the water temp gauge works fine

check your V.S.S. at the transmission. could be unplugged, or the wires could be ruined where it meets plastic. happened on mine once, from engine/trans movement and bad placement of wiring.

Car looks bad ass! Wheels look pretty intense too!

How come you have a rear wing and no form of front aerodynamic aid? I would think the car would understeer.. but I guess it would also depend on your suspension setup and your driving style.

it both under and over steers. i can make it do either. it is really no different than driving a rwd car, its very odd. D2's, cage, rstb, roush bar, subframe connectors make the car rotate really well. as far as front areo, i have a visteon front, but i know of several cones that i would have hit if it was on there. i could use all the space i can get on the front

went over to the shop and fixed some vacuum leaks that he found smoking it. and i have a cylinder misfiring, need to track that down. i hope its on the front of the motor and not the rear

so i changed the plugs, wires and coil. still misfiring. when we had it on the wideband it would run 14.3ish then drop down to 13.1 and go back up. any ideas

they are. double checked all of them before putting the uim back on

are you possitive? you felt each one click onto the spark plug? I only ask because recently came across a miss firing car. new plugs and wires where installed and it still miss fired. the leads in the plug wire boots needed to be pulled down/lower so they would engage the plug better. missfire went away after that.

yup, each one clicked. ive had that happen before as well

ive got a p1409 code. not sure that that will cause the issue though

Are you running an EGR? If you removed it are you still running a DPFE? If not you may still need to have the DPFE connected as the computer checks for it on startup even if you disabled it (on some cars anyway).

If you have another set of wires give them a try. If your positive the wires are fine then do you know what cylinder is missing? Does it miss when it is warmed up or only at first startup?

egr is deleted, dpfe is plugged in. i think i figured out what is wrong. wont be able to check till i get home at 10ish tonight. if its what i think i did i deserve a trout slap

im glad i could still reach them with out taking the UIM off again. going to take it out tonight, might clean it up a bit tonight if i dont pass out first, 16 hr days suck. ill get the rims shiny at least.

got some more slicks last night, going to take them over to get them mounted. got 245/40's this time.

Back