• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SHM header dyno

I personally think you should buy a set of 3L heads and port them out for intake and exhaust. Then re dyno your car :shrug:

Thanks for the comparison graph. Looks like a solid gain, especially over a modded exhaust. As the stock exhaust had gutted cats and an improved Y-pipe I'd bet that gain would be similar to what these would gain over the basic shorty headers :shrug:.
Nice job.
-J

i have a set of ported 3L heads, but i cant find all the cam caps :troutslap:

made 205WHP untuned on my 3L too :)

btw, the highest untuned 3L i have seen is blackcoog's 225 WHP.... no tune at all. that may have been on a cougar pcm too, but i would have to ask him to clear that up for us.

i have a set of ported 3L heads, but i cant find all the cam caps
Why don't you buy new ones for the ones you're missing? This way you can be the guinea pig for what the gains are like, and I'll know if it's worth the money or not. :laugh:

btw, the highest untuned 3L i have seen is blackcoog's 225 WHP.... no tune at all. that may have been on a cougar pcm too, but i would have to ask him to clear that up for us.
Yeah, check with him if you can. 225 NA untuned is sick. Do you know what his setup was?

he will be able to tell you. its just a ported 3L with MSDS headers to a borla exhaust a cold air intake SVT cams and intakes basic swap from what i saw.

Back