• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

is this exhaust any good?

Yeah man, truebendz is pretty decent. I believe there have been a few cases of fitment issues, but good bang for your buck. You can get that same set with different muffler combos. Maybe some will chyme in with which mufflers sound best. I know the magnaflow is supposed to sound good. I think borla sounds pretty close to stock, IIRC. Not that that's a bad thing.

so magnaflow is what i should go for?or is what your saying is that they do they same thing they jus sound different?and if thats the case which oen do you think sounds better

so magnaflow is what i should go for?or is what your saying is that they do they same thing they jus sound different?and if thats the case which oen do you think sounds better

If you're looking for power, you're going to have to do a full exaust system. Start by dropping a pretty penny for some MSDS headers then go back to a cat back of your choice. I've always done custom exaust work instead of catbacks. I can't stand the "3rd Muffler" on the CSVT.

headers plus true duals FTW!!

Am I the only one that is completely sick of FTW? The first time I heard it months ago I was already tired of it, now it's "the thing" to say.

But on to the real topic. I just purchased a system without the resonators, a magnaflow system with just the center muffler. I will let you know the quality when I get it.

not me, "ftw" ftw! ;)

If I was buying an aftermarket catback system for a NA 2.5 I'd buy that kit you listed hands down. If you're going for a 3L or boosted application a little more flow wouldn't hurt, but this kit won't be loud to the point where you get a headache driving down the highway like others may be.

Am I the only one that is completely sick of FTW? The first time I heard it months ago I was already tired of it, now it's "the thing" to say.

But on to the real topic. I just purchased a system without the resonators, a magnaflow system with just the center muffler. I will let you know the quality when I get it.

i have the same kit. quality is good but i had fitment probs. had to cut some pipe and 2 hangers are in the wrong place.

i have the same kit. quality is good but i had fitment probs. had to cut some pipe and 2 hangers are in the wrong place.

I'm hoping you let them know so that they could have fixed the issues by the time they created my kit :) For the hangers, did you just cut them off and use different hangers, like ones from autozone or something?

with stock everything. exhaust wise. not loud at all. it was for the first week or so. then it got all broken in and is pretty quiet. i want it louder. and I'm in no way saying i like loud things. my dad is a 51 year old and not a car guy. he drives my car and doesn't mind it at all. i have no drone now that its broken in. if i have my windows up you hear it no more than you do the motor. for me that is. and you can talk to all passengers with ease when the windows are down.

I just bought that same kit.... resonatorless with a magnaflow for my car.... so you are thinking headers and hi flow cat to give it the more aggressive sound? On trubendz.com there is a video of the kit and it sounds like a modded mustang at idle.... is that how it sounded before it broke in?

everyone has had fitment issues with trubendz. My hangers where in the right spot but I had to take about 3 inches of pipe out at the stock resonator location to fit the new muffler and the driver side was short by 2 inches so I had a shop weld in the needed pipe and it fits pretty decent. I just wish it tucked up alittle more under the car.

also check out the exhaust thread this forum.

I have headers, optimized y-pipe, high-flow cat w/2.5" piping with a borla muffler and magnaflow resonators at the rear.

edit: I just clicked the link you provided, good pick :laugh:

I'm hoping you let them know so that they could have fixed the issues by the time they created my kit :) For the hangers, did you just cut them off and use different hangers, like ones from autozone or something?

i don't think i said anything as i didn't really care. i was just happy to get on my car. it was sitting in my house all winter. i just bent one hanger and i couldn't do the other. y- section is crooked. but I'm not getting it fixed until i get a new y-pipe up front.

I just bought that same kit.... resonatorless with a magnaflow for my car.... so you are thinking headers and hi flow cat to give it the more aggressive sound? On trubendz.com there is a video of the kit and it sounds like a modded mustang at idle.... is that how it sounded before it broke in?

kinda but not as loud and not as bad sounding when revving. but my next door neighbor (wife) told me that when i first got it on my car i sounded like i ricer. then she saw me on the road later and asked if i got a different exhaust because it sounded so much better.

BUT when in doubt just give it a few weeks and you will hear a difference. before buying resonators. what happens is suet(spelling?) builds up and starts to quiet things down. maybe record when you first have it on that way you can go back and Liston to that to compare.

Last edited:
Yeah I also have the same as SVTJON, I think that it sounds really good. Not too loud and not quiet. Windows up, I don't get much of any drone in the cabin, windows down sounds really good. I also had some fitment issues. Had to heat up and bend a pipe, 2 hangers were in the wrong spot, some of the receiver pipes had to be enlargened, and a pipe had to be cut down. I would say when you get the kit just be prepared for whatever...

-Jon

Back