• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Big problem with new Torsen LSD..HELP!!!

fordman302

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok well to start off with im upgrading to a torsen LSD with a new BAT trans..Called the Mech today and hes pulling out this gear that the Speedo rides on i think..And its impossible to do so without hurting the bearings.Im not sure if what im saying is right..just wanna get everything back together ASAP..Any and all help is thankful..

Looked at that thread soo many times the part number i got with my torsen was F5RZ17285BA..Now on that thread its a AA part number..Just got off the phone with Bill..Ordered me the AA part he said theres no differnce..We shall see..

I brought my trans to a local shop with the blown diff and torsen with bearings, races, seals, and etc and they pressed in the new torsen, and was reused the same plastic spedo gear that goes on BEFORE the bearings are pressed on. So if they have a skilled pressman, you can pull the bearings, put on the gear, and repress the bearings on.

All i know is its a gear that on the diff with a bearing pressed over it the bearing is not a problem..It's the gear i call bill and got the aa one we shall see.Anyone know anything else i should know.

All i know is its a gear that on the diff with a bearing pressed over it the bearing is not a problem..It's the gear i call bill and got the aa one we shall see.Anyone know anything else i should know.

If you are putting in a torsen you need to put the plastic speedo gear on it. I suppose if your pulling the old one off the old diff then you need to pull the bearings to get it off. That costs money. The darn gear is only like =$12 AND it's plastic! Buying a new one makes sense rather than wasting time on the old diff.

Buy the Torsen, the new speedo gear, and the new bearings.

Hey everythings been done now for 5 days or soo ive got the car back everythings great what it was..When i got it from BAT the part number from ford they didnt sell anymore...I called bill Jenkins told him the problem gave him another part number i got from the old forums and he said there both the same soo ordered it and everythings done now..Its amazing with the LSD..

Back