The "Beast" is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Beast" is back!

After blowing up too many engines I decided to build a very stout motor to stop the slaughter of innocent pistons and rods.

I built the motor with the help of my son, Brett ( Bhiggs89 on here ) using forged rods, forged pistons, head work, and more. We finished it a few days ago. There are few things that bring a smile to my face like this turbocharged 3.0 CSVT. I feel so much better knowing I can't blow it up. Even at low boost this thing is a blast.

I am shooting for 13 lbs. of boost when it is tuned. I will go to Skillman Ford in Indy to get it tuned since they are customers of my drag racing systems. Until then I will limit boost to 8 lbs as it was before.

After 6 engines in 6 years it was time. No more softball sized holes in the block hopefully.
    Don Higgins
    Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software
    http://www.crewchiefpro.com
    1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

Interesting; Ray Skillman Ford does dyno tuning on our Duratec V6?
    Mr. Spindlelegs
    1999 Black SVT #1658 of 2760
    2014 Scion FR-S Monogram Series

Comment

Ok now gimme it!
      *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
      30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

Originally posted by mrspindlelegs View Post
        Interesting; Ray Skillman Ford does dyno tuning on our Duratec V6?

Nope, I just know the race team. They are located at the Ray Skillman Ford dealership in a separate building in the back. Has all kinds of cool stuff in that building. The museum is super cool as well. They have rollers built into the ground and test their drag cars on it all the time. Ray is 73 years old and loves to race. He built it all and no money was spared. Millions of dollars of classic cars, race cars, and they love to show people around.
        Don Higgins
        1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

Comment

Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post
          Ok now gimme it!
          Not a f***ing chance in h*ll. ( Did I say that out loud? )
          Don Higgins

Comment

we had an awards banquet at the museum it is VERY cool

youll love the motor, i love mine. i just need to be as fast as it is now
            2001 2.5 Cougar with some mods out of commission for now
            1999 SC3L Cougar with more mods
            2014 Ecoboost SE Fusion with floormats and mudflaps!
            '08 Mustang Bullitt #5389 sold to B3NN3TT 4/12/13

Comment

btw you need the sct prp software if you want somone to tune it. but thats awesome news! i kinda want to go 13:1 compression instead. lol
              1999 Mercury Cougar Full 3.0L MTX
              236HP

Comment

Need to change out a few hoses and wrap the pipes. Took it to 8 lbs. of boost today and it really pulled hard. Can't wait until I get 13 out of it.
                Don Higgins

Comment

So does this mean you'll bring the car out now for local activities? I need to take another test drive... The last one a couple years ago was just practice. :-D
                  Bob Johann
                  SoundQ SVT
                  1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088
                  5 correction: 6-Time Sound Quality Champion in IASCA, SLAP, and MECA
                  2000 Silver Mystique LS V6ATX - SOLD 5/23/2013

Comment

Originally posted by SoundQ SVT View Post
                    So does this mean you'll bring the car out now for local activities? I need to take another test drive... The last one a couple years ago was just practice. :-D
                    Yes, I remember the last time because it didn't even have full throttle, new engine is far more fun.

Text me when you come to P-Town, I will let you drive it again.... 208-1486
                    Don Higgins

Comment

Originally posted by crewchiefpro View Post
                      Yes, I remember the last time because it didn't even have full throttle, new engine is far more fun.

Text me when you come to P-Town, I will let you drive it again.... 208-1486
                      I work in East Peoria at Caterpillar, so I am close by every day.
                      Bob Johann
                      SoundQ SVT
                      1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088
                      5 correction: 6-Time Sound Quality Champion in IASCA, SLAP, and MECA
                      2000 Silver Mystique LS V6ATX - SOLD 5/23/2013

Comment

Originally posted by SoundQ SVT View Post
                        I work in East Peoria at Caterpillar, so I am close by every day.
                        Let me know then. I live in Mapleton and go to Peoria quite often. I am leaving for a month in a few weeks to race out in Vegas and Los Angeles so make it before that.

Don
                        Don Higgins

Comment

Whoooo-eeeeee! Them's the sweet meats. Any predictions on power? What all did you do to the heads?
                          - Dan
                          '17 Kona Blue Focus ST3 ~DD~
                          # 471 - 1998 SilFro ~Parted Out~ # 2399 - 1999 Black/Tan ~Sold~

Comment

Originally posted by offthewallds View Post
                            Whoooo-eeeeee! Them's the sweet meats. Any predictions on power? What all did you do to the heads?
                            Head work is below.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showth...need-head-work

It made 368 HP at the wheels before, hope to hit 400 to 420 this time around. Doesn't much matter because you can't get traction until 3rd gear anyway. But let me tell you, 3rd and 4th gear are simply amazing...
                            Don Higgins

Comment

I have the SCT pro racer package, so worst case scenario that they (Skillman) don't have it (which they will) they can use mine.

The car is a lot of fun, even part throttle middle rpms it will start to spin in 3rd gear.
                              1998 T-Red SVT 115,000 miles (Died 9/01/08)
                              2000 Tropic Green SVT #396 - 04 3L, HMS Trans, Wilwood BBK, FSVT Rear BBK, Koni/H&R...NPG Turbo Kit (JUNK)

Comment

Working...
                              X