• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

98 svt contour... Should I get it??

El Chileno

CEG'er
Im thinking of getting this contour
Its a 98 with 68,000 original miles.
98contour.jpg

98contour2.jpg

I know the pictures aren't the best, but ehh.
The story goes some kid was driving it and was running from the cops :burnout:. Well he didn't practice enough on Gran Turismo.. so he ended up crashing it :loser: . Both airbags deployed and front bumper was done.
Yet this car still has a clean title.

Anyways, I could get it for $700. It was setting for about 2 years after what happen.. then ran for a bit. Now another 6months. It needs tires, they are dry rotted to hell. Also 2 headlights and front bumber. From the looks of it someone put Mark 8 airbags in it to fix it :shrug: lol... so that part is a little weird looking.
Seats are in alright condition but passenger front needs replacement.
All vacuum need replacement because they are dry.

Is it worth it??? I really dont know. :-D
Just let me know if I'm being retarded.. and i should get this right away.
or not...

I would, I paid $500 for mine, and the front looks just like yours lol. I just hope the interior is better off then mine.

grab it! only thing is what are you gonna do for a bumper, those are kind of hard to find. unless you go with an aftermarket one. that car is definelty not ready for the salvage yard.

I'm gonna get my front bumper from here.

http://www.partsultimate.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=126181

well when I went to see it... It didn't have a battery. So I told him Id come back tomorrow and see if it ran good. Then I would give him 700.
The interior is in quite good shape. It's a kinda blueish interior.

Off topic... Anything I need to know about these cars? Aftermarket parts not to buy and stuff or what to buy and where.
Kinda new to this car. It's a jump from my 03 cobra... Lol

I'm gonna get my front bumper from here.

http://www.partsultimate.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=126181

well when I went to see it... It didn't have a battery. So I told him Id come back tomorrow and see if it ran good. Then I would give him 700.
The interior is in quite good shape. It's a kinda blueish interior.

Off topic... Anything I need to know about these cars? Aftermarket parts not to buy and stuff or what to buy and where.

what!!!! I've been looking for one, mine has a rip close to the fog light. wow, i'm stunned.

if it runs like crap, offer him 500?

i think 700 is still decent if it runs like crap. For a couple grand and some work you can have a 3l, bumper and lights, and some used tires?

where is it? if you dont get it, I might.

i think 700 is still decent if it runs like crap. For a couple grand and some work you can have a 3l, bumper and lights, and some used tires?

I live in Las Vegas.

show up with like $400 cash in hand. never pay full price...
the car was priced at 1000. I told him 600 but he said 700. I'm gonna show up with 600 anyways.

Where are you at? I have that bumper if your close:eek:
ohh really, where and how much doesn't matter to me if it's far for a good price. Pm me!!!
I'm in las vegas.

Why would you put a 3.0L in it if it has a low milage engine it?

PM BAD SVT, he's in Vegas as well, and his car looks almost like my turbo SVT, and is a great example of what to do. Lots of mods, and go-fast parts :laugh:

Holy crap! Don't buy that bumper for $450 + shipping. Ask around here first.

Holy crap! Don't buy that bumper for $450 + shipping. Ask around here first.

hahahhaa man, yeah I wouldn't buy that for 450+ bux. Just haven't seen any around but I'm sure i will find some.
Hey, let me ask you...... What you think of $114 each for headlights?

Too much. PM minamillion(sp) - not sure on spelling. He has new OEM lights for sale. Search for "new headlights" and I am sure you will find something. I believe they are $150ish for 2 :shrug:

yup ebay, I think it was DR. headlights or somthing like that. I know it sounds silly. I've had them for about 2 years now and they still look good.

hey guys thanks for all the help. but i ended up not getting it because someone else beat me to the bunch and the owner doesn't pick up his phone at all.

so farewell to everyone.. maybe ill come back to these forums in the future whenever I get a contour. Till then ill just be driving the 03 cobra around...

peace

Back