• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hello from TRCC!

cobrawannabe

Addicted CEG'er
This is my first time logging in at college. The librarian's introducing us to our on/off-campus search engine. It's freakin' cool! I feel so scholarly:laugh:

not venturing far from home? nice area down there along the river though ... been down that way many a weekend now ...

not venturing far from home? nice area down there along the river though ... been down that way many a weekend now ...
Well, the deal is this....

I had gotten into UConn's Storrs Campus under the mech. engineering umbrella; so , naturally, that was my plan. But the more and more I thought about it, the more TRCC looked to be a better opportunity. The monetary impact is pther-worldly, as is the stufent support. I honestly feel that I am getting a more complete education for literally 1/10th the cost.

BTW, to those who are thinking it, this decision had nothing to do with my parents. As a matter of fact, they were urging me to "go experience college life", and to be honest, I don't want to give myself the chance of screwing up by wasting all my time drinking/partying. I am going to college for one reason; to educate myself and open up possibilites that HS qould never have offered me. Whyy give myself the chance of closing all of those potentially life-changing doors?

Kim and Ian...

You'll find the right balance in time.
You'll regret it down the road if you don't dabble here and there in "extra curricular" activities. Believe me.
I pushed myself way too hard in college, and didn't take enough time to enjoy the full college experience.
As long as you keep everything in check and do everything with reasonable moderation, you'll be fine.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

catch my drift?
don't turn yourself into a cuckoo lady like Kim.

Last edited:
Guys and gal, as usual, I really appreciate the advice and encouragement.:cool:

Kim,

I understand EXACTLY what you mean. I've always been a fun-loving kid, but I'm afraid the temptation at UConn will just be too much for me. There's soooo much partying at UCon, I'm not sure how I'd do. To be honest I take little to no interest in drinking, so a "fun" school wasn't a priority. I still do stay out 'till 2 and 3 in the morning once in a while (more like twice a week:laugh:), but I'm afraid that at such a bad partying school, I'd go way beyond that. So, I've decided basically to stick to the current plan... TRCC followed by Central, and maybe a master's at UConn/Central.

But trust me when I tell you, I'll still have my fun. Hopefully, plenty of it will be with you guys:cool:

Brian, Norwich is pretty nice. In parts:laugh:

haha I've seen many an engineer go down and into the business school after the first year. It's a good life lesson to mess up really bad first year and straighten yourself out. Plus you get to reminisce and say obnoxious typical college things like "hey bro...remember freshman year....yeah man I was sooo wasted the entire time..."

You still need to experience the college life at least. At some point you HAVE to go to a frat party, you HAVE to go to a house party, and you HAVE to go to an apartment green party. Imagine 500+ college kids in a green in the center of an apartment complex all piss drunk, yelling and screaming and having some local band rockin' the place out! That happens nowhere but college.

You still need to experience the college life at least. At some point you HAVE to go to a frat party, you HAVE to go to a house party, and you HAVE to go to an apartment green party. Imagine 500+ college kids in a green in the center of an apartment complex all piss drunk, yelling and screaming and having some local band rockin' the place out! That happens nowhere but college.

and you HAVE to get pepper spray bombed by campus police at least once. What a rush :crazy: srsly...it sucks.

You guys are great...

Seriously to all, thank you so much!

I'm just really excited to have all these doors open up in front of me! Hopefully, the intro at TRCC will keep me from dropping out of engineering and falling deep into the clutches of the douche-bag major:laugh:

if you dont want to drink and party all the time then don't. there are other things to do at uconn then just party and drink ya know ...

my girl likes to party all the time party all the time party all the tiiiiime...that one may be before your time.Shi*t it's before my time! An oldie but a goodie.

if you dont want to drink and party all the time then don't. there are other things to do at uconn then just party and drink ya know ...

I by no means am trying to say that that's all there is to do at UConn. I'm justsaying that until I mature more, the temtation to screw up would be too much for me.

I by no means am trying to say that that's all there is to do at UConn. I'm justsaying that until I mature more, the temtation to screw up would be too much for me.

as it is for anyone, that what its all about. I nearly failed out. but it wasn't related to partying to much. But I made my stand and fought back by taking 18 credits of engineering classes, lived with a roommate I didn't get along with and spent many of the weekends at home. You do what you do and you cope.

true story. I came home the first long weekend and I wasn't home for more then 10 minutes when my mother comes around the corner and hands me a beer. So I would know because before that I hadn't had a beer as I recall. I follow that up by going with a friend to her sisters dorm and playing beer pong against juniors on a tuesday night and winning :cool:

Back