• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another CEG'r doing a MPV 3.0 swap

Im from pennsylvania, when we go to florida we go to mannys chophouse. By far the best food. Their salad is amazing and their food is so good. Its always busy there but its definately worth the wait

Im from pennsylvania, when we go to florida we go to mannys chophouse. By far the best food. Their salad is amazing and their food is so good. Its always busy there but its definately worth the wait

that's freakin funny ... yeah by far the best food Ive had at any restaurant...

Well back on the subject of 3L motors.... My 3L pooped out n me today :( after explaining my issues in the general trouble shooting section Kcobra said it sounded like a clogged cat. I took a look and this is what I found

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0193.jpg

And this is how I fixed it. (for now)
IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

These are my codes I got after gutting my main cat... before the cat issue I only pulled 3 noted with a star "*"

*P1504 IAC Malfunction (just replaced my IAC Valve yesterday)

*P1401 dpfe malfunction

*P1409 elect vac regulator control

P0161 o2 sensor 2 bank 2

P1151 o2 sensor 1 bank 2 indicates lean

P0305 cylinder 5 misfire

P0141 o2 sensor 2 bank 1 pending

P0155 o2 sensor 1 bank 2 pending

P0156 o2 sensor• 2 bank 2 (see p2272, p2273) pending

Anyway I'll do some research but wanted to post for the issue!

When my BAT cat clogged like that it actually blew the 2 rubber DPFE tubes right off. Check that those 2 are still on. You need to reset the PCM...and see what codes are still active now that you've removed that big clog which was clearly causing some of your codes prior...

Yeah I have reset the PCM a couple times, and pulled the PCM fuse too. These are the codes I'm getting after letting it sit unplugged for a day.

When my BAT cat clogged like that it actually blew the 2 rubber DPFE tubes right off. Check that those 2 are still on. You need to reset the PCM...and see what codes are still active now that you've removed that big clog which was clearly causing some of your codes prior...

My DPFE isn't hooked up I have an egr delete kit from pole because I'm running the full 3L and didn't wanna deal with the egr stuff. Sorry should have noted that on my codes list so I expect to have the p1401 and the p1409 code but not the others..

you could still leave the dpfe plugged in and it wont show that code...

check cylinder 5. plug wire and make sure its in there tight. Also pull hte spark plug out and check it for foulness.

you could still leave the dpfe plugged in and it wont show that code...

check cylinder 5. plug wire and make sure its in there tight. Also pull hte spark plug out and check it for foulness.

Will plug it in if it wont show the code :)

wire is good pulled the plug and replaced it still no go, im thinking it might be the injector is unplugged or the plug on the injector is loose not getting fuel would cause a misfire too right ?

i'll post my results today when i toy with it, im off from today till this Saturday so i have some "tinker time" when i installed the harness its such a tight fit between the MPV UIM a few plugs came off the injectors before so im thinking this may be the issue! .. thanks again for the info as soon as she's tuned i'll come see ya so u can take her for a spin!

Well, after tinkering with it and playing with the upper intake manifold, I had to electrical tape the injector harness to make it a tighter fit. the # 5 injector was not making full connection as it was being pulled when I put the manifold on. Anyway im gonna get the codes checked again tomorrow. I installed the DPFE today and zip tied it up outta the way and covered the ports on it with vac line caps. Anyway I guess im installing the exhaust this weekend ( http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?68698-(new-in-box)-Magnaflow-Turbendz-exhaust ) and then after that get my 02's replaced then gotta find someone with an xcal3 and get it tuned...

you have to get your own Xcal, you can't use someone elses. Well you can but the person either has to return their car to stock or it has to be unlocked by SCT.

yeah i know that they are unique to the car they are initially mated ith as long as it loaded a tune, im just hoping someone has one for an odd reason thats not mated or a very cheap one i can send in and get unlocked, if not i think i'll just wait and save up for it new from NPG and get tuned there because it seems like the best way to tune these 3L's these days.

Back