• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another CEG'r doing a MPV 3.0 swap

It cranks and runs as long as u keep it above 1k still might have things unplugged and a vac leak.

Lmao just realized I had a huge vac leak, the big hose on the back of the UIM that goes to the Back of the valve cover was off! more tomorrow it's too late to mess with tonight!

Yeah it runs and idles but not well.. I've been waiting for my insurance to approve my dental surgery for the past 2 weeks so I haven't had a chance to do much with it because of the dang pain I'm in :( I'll post another video of it soon.. Also need to figure out where a few plugs go first... Anyway thanks for keeping interest and thanks again Sam for the Mazda mpv uim plastic cover I got it today !

A few plugs that haven't found their way home?

A few plugs that haven't found their way home?

Still wondering where this one belongs..???? It's close to the tip of the front valve cover by the oil check stick.

IMAG0113.jpg

I also need to know where this plug goes? I think one guy said it's a knock sensor that I don't need? Any truth to this?
Is it green? My car came with a knock sensor. You don't need it.
IMAG0115.jpg

The following two pics are of the same plug. In the 2nd pic/last pic of this plug u can see exactly where it comes out of the wiring harness at. I removed the uim to get a better pic. It's on the wiring harness next to the firewall..
IMAG0132.jpg
IMAG0133.jpg

Looks like you're right about it being the knock sensor. The 2.5L sensor won't fit in the 3L block due to the bolt being too large. The 3L sensor won't accept the 2.5L plug.

If
You do want to use it, you'll have to splice the 3L plug into the 2.5L harness

Looks like you're right about it being the knock sensor. The 2.5L sensor won't fit in the 3L block due to the bolt being too large. The 3L sensor won't accept the 2.5L plug.

If
You do want to use it, you'll have to splice the 3L plug into the 2.5L harness

And if I don't wanna use it let it hang? Will it throw any codes or cel's not that I already done have a few (cel's) lol

Btw how's ur 3L doing I just re-read your swap thread.. Nice build!

From what I've read the knock sensor won't cause any CELs if not hooked up.

My car is still sitting in the garage. I've been tracing the AC leak, so I haven't had a chance to give it to my mechanic to smoke test the intake leak. Hopefully next week I can get it to him.

Spliced it today :) i also found the plug by the dip stick goes to the cam sensor. So all sensors accounted for. She started up great but my battery keeps dying. :( I think I forgot to plug in the plug on the back of my alternator?.?.? Could that be it since I had my alternator rebuilt and tested prior to install? Other than that the damn car runs and turns over great !

^^Told ya :laugh:...
Check that you have connected the mega fuse that goes from the alternator to the battery. Maybe its blown.

Yes serg u did! :blackeye: that's why I found it.. I re-read my entire thread looking for answers. I haven't had a minute to look at it since my last post. I've had to sour double shifts at work for the past few days. Will post a few pics of her together and running soon, hopefully I'll have her done Wednesday sometime. Aain thanks again to everyone who has offered advice, help, or sent parts to finish the build !

Sure thing ... I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm hoping to have everything put back together by Wednesday afternoon. Then I have to find a camera man or woman or tape my phone to the headrest of my tour lol!!! Then u will have ur video :)

Back